Any experience of EAD in Washington D.C.

infok

Registered Users (C)
Is there any INS office that issues EAD (first time) in Washington D.C. area?
What is the address?
Anyone has any experience?
How soon do I need to go there to get in line?

No Title

HEY,
i live in va. i filed my ead to vermont center last week for renewal. i dont think you can file anything in DC. that is what my lawyer told me.
cheers,

No Title

I am in the same boat. Need to renew my EAD soon. If we cannot renew EAD here the problem is it is taking long time to renew EAD at VSC(thats what I know).

No Title

After waiting for more than 90 days I heard we can go to a local INS office to get the EAD.

Where is the INS office in DC get the EAD?

No Title

Arlington ins office is responsible for va and DC cases. Arlington office is extremly busy and i doubt if they process any EAD applications. But i am not sure and you better consult this with a professinal lawyer.
cheers,

No Title

Hi infok, 90 days after filing for EAD at VSC I went to Arlington office for Intrim EAD, there I was told that there is no such thing. When I showed her the written regulation she said this is an outdated form ( although it was the current form ). Then I mentioned that some other local offices are issuing EAD and then the answer was " Go home, Don\'t waste my time".
Good Luck If you want to try for EAD at Arlington office.

No Title

Can one not do anything about this ? ... complain that they are being racist ..

plus could you kindly tell me which form/law you showed them, I want to teach them a lesson ...

Can\'t stand such oafs !!

r3 ...

No Title

This is not a question of racism. It is a question of policy.

Arlington INS office does not work on EAD\'s based on
employment based green cards. They work on
Advance Paroles only. You have to send your EAD request to Vermont Service Center.