any experience in changing interview or oath dates in Boston DO ?

happymister-1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am getting my FP done on July 22nd.. so this might be a bit premature for me to ask.. but based on feedback from several people.. it looks like under ideal circumstances.. I can expect to get my interview date about 4 months after Finger Printing. If that is the case, my wife is expecting twins in Nov, we might have to reschedule. Both of us have also applied for name-change - getting a new last name. so the oath has to be done where a magistrate or judge would be present, i presume. so a couple of questions..
a) since name change is required, does oath happen in faneiul hall for people like us .. or does oath still place in Hynes Convention Center - and name change will happen at a different place ?
b) Oath happens within a month of the interview, correct ? so it is better to change the interview date itself ? or since waiting time for interview is shorter.. try to finish the interview and request the officer at that time, to give the oath letter for a later date ?

I know its too early.. but just trying to gather other people's experiences in these subjects at the Boston DO - so when the time comes, i can take appropriate decision.
thanks.

happymister-1 said:
Hi,
b) Oath happens within a month of the interview, correct ? so it is better to change the interview date itself ? or since waiting time for interview is shorter.. try to finish the interview and request the officer at that time, to give the oath letter for a later date ?

i think you could request the interview officer to push back your oath in a later date, or you can reschedule the oath later depending on your wife condition. medical reason is good enough for requesting a reschedule.

btw, if your name check would be cleared prior the interview, i believe your oath letter would come shortly after that. if your name check could not be cleared before the interview, you might have to wait for a long while.

The time period between my FP and my interview is two months and one week.(FP were done on June 7th and interview date is for August 18th) If USCIS are becoming this efficient, then you do not have to worry about your wife going into labor before the interview