Any EB3 RoW 2002 has been approved lately ?

GCdreamer2006

Registered Users (C)
Congrats for all those who have crossed April/May 2002 line. Ohh, that was close. I am on April 2002.

I am wondering if there is any report of EB3 World Jan, Feb or March 2002 cases approved recently ?

Isn't it still too early to hear about approvals? The people with PD Jan 02 probably just started filing their 485s last month. Unless you are refering to people who were already in the 485 processing line when the RoW retro hit back in October 2005 and set the dates pre-2002??

I still gotta wait for the bulletin to show Dec02, darn..... :(

Will it really approve when PD becomes current?

My PD is 05/10/2002. Only 10 days short of current EB3 ROW PD!. I am also curious if I see this date cross in the next month or two, will I-485 be approved immediately without getting stuck into NameCheck or any other procedure? I have already got/replied to two RFEs but so far there have been only first level FP request and I have heard when the approval is close you get asked for a another set of FPs.

Did your lawyer file your 485 with a service center that was willing to process PDs before current? If yes, then maybe your service center would have already held your application in "pre-approved" meaning, once your PD is current, then your 485 automatically gets approved but I have not heard of many people doing this. Check with your lawyer, best advice.

AlterEgo said:
My PD is 05/10/2002. Only 10 days short of current EB3 ROW PD!. I am also curious if I see this date cross in the next month or two, will I-485 be approved immediately without getting stuck into NameCheck or any other procedure? I have already got/replied to two RFEs but so far there have been only first level FP request and I have heard when the approval is close you get asked for a another set of FPs.

Hey - no. Let's say in my case I am April 2002 and I filed I-485 on Feb 2005, before EB3 RoW became unavailable.
I am sure there are a bunch of people in this situation.

ufo2002 said:
Isn't it still too early to hear about approvals? The people with PD Jan 02 probably just started filing their 485s last month. Unless you are refering to people who were already in the 485 processing line when the RoW retro hit back in October 2005 and set the dates pre-2002??

I still gotta wait for the bulletin to show Dec02, darn..... :(

GCdreamer2006 said:
Hey - no. Let's say in my case I am April 2002 and I filed I-485 on Feb 2005, before EB3 RoW became unavailable.

I am in same boat as you. I filed in Nov 2004, and my PD is April 2002. Do you have any LUD on your 485 recently. I had one on Aug 16, but maybe it is caused by application for EAD. The LUD for EAD is also Aug 16.

GCdreamer2006 said:
Congrats for all those who have crossed April/May 2002 line. Ohh, that was close. I am on April 2002.

I am wondering if there is any report of EB3 World Jan, Feb or March 2002 cases approved recently ?

Just want to let you know that my GC got approved on sept 1 when PD became current. I was totally surprised that they approved on day 1st. My PD was Jan 22, 2002. Pls see my previous postings for all detail. Good luck to all.

PD jun 2002

my PD is Jun 'O2 , EB3

I Applied 485 in Nov 2003. Renewed EAD for 4 th time last month .

Not sure when dates will be moved ?

What dates they are approving currently ?

At NSC, processing time data for I-485 is now Nov 2005. I don't trust that though. It could be just a show.

immigrationwatch.com shows the following:
I485--Adjustment of Status (Nebraska Service Center), filed on 02/23/05

Based on the processing records of the same type of cases in this center, statistics analysis shows:
Percentage of cases filed around your case's filing date which have been approved:
54.44%

Most (>75%) cases similar to yours had been approved before:
01/22/06

pulamala said:
my PD is Jun 'O2 , EB3

I Applied 485 in Nov 2003. Renewed EAD for 4 th time last month .

Not sure when dates will be moved ?

What dates they are approving currently ?

GCdreamer2006 said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Your situation must have been the one where you already filed before RoW Retro hit. Then your service center could have (not must have) approved it before this bulletin appeared that made you current again. Looks like at least one person on this thread is already approved during Retro, I replied with a question to that person.

News...

I just noticed a new LUD on my I-485 of August 19, 2006. I wonder if I this is name check clearance or just more pre-adjudication work before the November priority date announcement. I missed the last EB3 ROW by 14 days! Ouch. Anyone with additional insight? Please post a reply. Thanks :)

The only thing new is that I called USCIS info line and the message on my case tells me that a 'decision on my final I-485 case should made within 60 days'. Well, it seems that the end of this painful process may be coming. However, I will believe it when I see it.

Almost_Done said:
I just noticed a new LUD on my I-485 of August 19, 2006. I wonder if I this is name check clearance or just more pre-adjudication work before the November priority date announcement. I missed the last EB3 ROW by 14 days! Ouch. Anyone with additional insight? Please post a reply. Thanks :)

GCdreamer2006 said:
The only thing new is that I called USCIS info line and the message on my case tells me that a 'decision on my final I-485 case should made within 60 days'. Well, it seems that the end of this painful process may be coming. However, I will believe it when I see it.
Yes, that surely sounds optimistic. Good luck with that! :)

Also, I filed on May 6th @ VSC. My PD is Apr 02, India EB2, and then retro hit. I got the FP notice before retro hit so that's done. I got my FP done on June 10th and then had an LUD on 13th June and no movement after that.
However, I haven't seen anyone say whether or not VSC is one of the ones doing preadjudications. Can someone throw some light on that?
Since I'm current now the processing should start from Monday. Good luck to me on that! :D
nj_skm

You are almost there

GCdreamer2006 said:

GCdreamer2006,

This is great news. You are almost at the end of this journey. I bet you will be approved much before the stated 60 days. Look out for some great news within the next month.

cheers,

saras

Thanks Saras. I am pretty sure that last year, a person from the House of Rep. told me that my I-485 case had cleared fingerprints and security checks, "it was just waiting for visa number availability", they said.

I am praying that USCIS will not come out with something new, such as painful name checkings that could delay the process. In my online status, it doesn't say there about the "60 days to decide your case". Only on the voice message.

I feel I am an F-18 warming up engines. I am studying on average 8h/day for certifications that I couldn't have completed before due to this insane job change restriction). It is ironic, but in my whole professional life since I left the university I never had a chance to sit down, search and accept a job offer that I wanted.

I just hope by F-18 will take off and not be bombarded during the flight...

saras76 said:
GCdreamer2006,

This is great news. You are almost at the end of this journey. I bet you will be approved much before the stated 60 days. Look out for some great news within the next month.

cheers,

saras

Freedom

GCdreamer2006 said:
Thanks Saras. I am pretty sure that last year, a person from the House of Rep. told me that my I-485 case had cleared fingerprints and security checks, "it was just waiting for visa number availability", they said.

I am praying that USCIS will not come out with something new, such as painful name checkings that could delay the process. In my online status, it doesn't say there about the "60 days to decide your case". Only on the voice message.

I feel I am an F-18 warming up engines. I am studying on average 8h/day for certifications that I couldn't have completed before due to this insane job change restriction). It is ironic, but in my whole professional life since I left the university I never had a chance to sit down, search and accept a job offer that I wanted.

I just hope by F-18 will take off and not be bombarded during the flight...

GCdreamer2006,

What you are describing is pretty much the standard EB immigrant story these days. My experience is very similar. Of all the negativity that surrounds this process there is one big positive. Being stuck in this process makes a lot of us work harder because we are uncertain about the future. It keeps most of us on our toes and we end up doing positive things that we would have never done if we had the freedom of the GC. In a twisted way this process forces discipline and patience into our lives.

Anyway, I am sure you will enjoy much success due to your hard work. The GC will help propel you further.

Good luck.

saras

well said saras. I am becomming more decipline after struct in retro. In other way, we are getting stronger in mind. :)