• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any DV2010 Winners from the Caribbean?

DV 2010 SA and Caribbean NL

I got my notification Letter early April SA0000000X. Hopefully with a low rank number I get the GC before the end of the year.

DV2010 SA (Carribean)

I also received a NL dated 04/08/09 and delivered 04/17/09. I am from Trinidad.

Belize, ******5*

I thought I had a low number, but blue beat me to it!
we might get a second NL, w/ interview soon!!!
I believe SA was the first region to get NL, i recieved mine on 4/11/09

I got my notification Letter early April SA0000000X. Hopefully with a low rank number I get the GC before the end of the year.

What was your country of charegability, Blue? And where was your NL received? In the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
What was your country of charegability, Blue? And where was your NL received? In the US?

Hi rumboj001

I'm from Trinidad, and I currently live in the US on H1 status, so I'll be doing the Adjustment of Status (AOS) opposed to CP. I did recieve my notification letter in the US.

My Case:
4/16/2009: NL recieved from KCCC 2010SA0000000X
4/21/2009: Sent DS230 + DS122 + barcode + pics to KCC (from reading the blogs for AOS I think I was only supposed to send the DS122)
4/24/2009: Mailed $375 DV fee to DOS (I've seen some people have done this step much later in the process)
5/4/2009: Recieved payment confirmation slip from DOS
In process of gathering docs for I485 and immunization records

Congrats fellow Trini!

Thanks Blue! Congrats to you too! You gotta low rank. Mine was 2010SA000005XX. I'm actually going the consular processing route even though I'm in the US. My lawyer advised me to go this route to avoid potential backups with my local USCIS office if I did the AOS. You shouldn't have a problem though since your rank is extremely low.

Got mine today in Trinidad. 000009xx. is that low number and how is it better to have a low num? going to prepare the ds docs. what about place, person to live etc. is this required or n/a? if you have more info on t he process please let m eknow.
thanks.

NL of case transfer to USCIS

Blue, did u get a 2nd letter from KCC/DOS stating that your case has been transfered to USCIS? i got one on May 15th

SA20100000005*
4/11 NL letter
4/17 sent out forms-all forms
4/21 sent visa fee
5/15 receive transfer of my dv case to uscis

Hi rumboj001

I'm from Trinidad, and I currently live in the US on H1 status, so I'll be doing the Adjustment of Status (AOS) opposed to CP. I did recieve my notification letter in the US.

My Case:
4/16/2009: NL recieved from KCCC 2010SA0000000X
4/21/2009: Sent DS230 + DS122 + barcode + pics to KCC (from reading the blogs for AOS I think I was only supposed to send the DS122)
4/24/2009: Mailed $375 DV fee to DOS (I've seen some people have done this step much later in the process)
5/4/2009: Recieved payment confirmation slip from DOS

Blue, did u get a 2nd letter from KCC/DOS stating that your case has been transfered to USCIS? i got one on May 15th

SA20100000005*
4/11 NL letter
4/17 sent out forms-all forms
4/21 sent visa fee
5/15 receive transfer of my dv case to uscis

Yes I have. Update:

4/16/2009: NL from KCC 2010SA0000000X
4/21/2009: Sent DS230 + DS122 + barcode + pics to KCC (from reading the blogs I think I was only supposed to sent the DS122)
4/24/2009: Mailed $375 DV fee to DOS (I've seen some people have do this step much later in the process)
5/4/2009: Received payment confirmation slip from DOS
5/14/2009: Received letter from DOS acknowledging my filing AOS

Got mine today in Trinidad. 000009xx. is that low number and how is it better to have a low num? going to prepare the ds docs. what about place, person to live etc. is this required or n/a? if you have more info on t he process please let m eknow.
thanks.

You should check this forum under one of the threads by 'Catseyes' she lists the entire process, I found it invaluable last year. My number was 000002xx and I was called for my CP interview in Oct of last year. Having a low number offers you a better chance of being called before the cut off point and to get best to check the previous years allocations of Visa for that info as it changes slightly year on year.
Go to the State Lottery site or again researc on this site. Sorry I can't be more specific but after the stress and joy of getting my GC I have sort of wound down. By the way I'm from Antigua.

Get back to me if you need furher info and I'll check my files.

thanks.

Congrats fellow Trini. It depends on how many people from South America recieved notices and what percentage of those have a case number lower than yours from Trinidad. Then of those trinis with lower case numbers, how many were successful with further processing. To give you an idea from the stats posted from previous lottery results on average only around a hundred and something of DV winners from SA were Trinidadians. Don't dispair, SA is a big region, the odds may still be in your favour. Don't worry, be happy! Are you filing CP or AOS? Just send in the required docs as soon as possible. It's like first come first served, provided you meet eligibility requirements.

yeh, filling out those forms to send them out this week. can this be sent by regular post or fedex, dhl? any special envelope? where can i find the info on the case numbers you mention from previous yrs. I am doing CP. Qualification should be a breeze, its just getting the interview is pressure.

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,100

if it says that SA is 1100 now and this isfor dv2009 then does this mean that if you case # is 1100 or below you are now current? DV2009 ends in Oct 2009?

also, how do you pay the fees in the embassy? do they accept credit card or cash only?

Never heard of someone using credit cards to pay, so you better prepared for the cash option. It could be in Dollars or equivalent in your local currency.