Any December 2010 filers yet?

December 17 2010 (day 00) mailed all the forms and checks to USCIS
December 21 2010 (day 01) confirmed from USPS of the delivery / confirmed by USCIS
December 27 2010 (day 07) checks were cashed by USCIS i-130 and i-485
December 31 2010 (day 11) received NOA for i-130 / i-485 / i-765
January 24 2011 (day 35) received notice for biometrics dated Jan 20/2011 which is scheduled on Feb 16/2011
January 26 2011 (day 37) walk in biometrics in bellflower done
February 01 2011 (day 43) called fbi for my biometrics and confirmed
February 17 2011 (day 59) received email that ead is for card production / case updated online ead
February 18 2011 (day 60) received another email for ead card/production ordered
February 24 2011 (day 63) received another email for ead card/production ordered
February 25 2011 (day 67) received another email for ead post/decision activity
February 28 2011 (day 70) received EAD card

applying ssn 10 days after receiving the EAD card just to make sure their system is updated
waiting for i-130 and i-485 updates ( still on initial review online)

Last edited by a moderator:
on the USCIS website, my status is card production for EAD, but I haven't received any email like any of you guys here. is this normal??

Received email and online status change on EAD card production ordered .
What a relief .. really worried about the EAD since most of the Dec/Jan fillier all ready got their EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came home from our interview. Everything went well and I got approved. The IO told us to wait for the 2 year provisional green card, it should arrive in the next 3 to 4 weeks. She took away my I-94 and my EAD that I just received last week.

Congrats Ronny. I have a question though. Why did she take your EAD? Does that mean we cannot work until we get our green card? Also what documents we should take for the interview? Mine is on March 21.

I'm going out to have dinner with my wife tonite, time to celebrate.

The IO took my EAD away because I was going to received the green card in less than 4 weeks. She told me that if she didn't take it away, she couldn't give me my green card. No idea why.

I'll let you know what documents she asked after I get back home from dinner.

Thanks to everybody!

Ok, here it goes. We got to our interview 20 mins earlier, there were already 3 couples waiting too but were were the first one to be caled in.

The IO started checking our paperwork and asked for the originals of all the copies we sent when we mailed the forms. Then she went over every single info we wrote on the forms (names, address, DOB, previous marriages, etc) It took her a good half an hour going through everything. Once that was done she asked us for a copy of 2010 Tax Return, where we filled it together and added it to our file.

There wasn't a lot of personal questions, she asked me about my previous marriage, to be more specific about my divorce. She also asked about how did we meet and how did we got engaged and married. When we were talking about it she asked us if we had any pics, so we took out our photo album but she didn't even open it.

We had with us almost every single document of our life together (joint account, credit cards, even BJ's membership) and she didn't ask for anything. It's good to be ready for anything they ask.

At the end she asked me for my EAD and told us that I was approved. We were in there like an hour.

Quick advise to everybody going to the interview. Just answer what they ask, and never give them any more documents than the ones they ask you. Sometimes more is not good.

Good luck to everybody and God bless.

Ronny

Congrats Ronny.

I got a email today saying that my appointment notice for interview was mailed today. My interview date is April 13 at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. I do not understand what this means. Is it the same office as my Biometrics or somewhere different? Will the actual letter tell me something more than this, like the actual address? I do not want to go to the incorrect place. It did not give a time. Will the letter give a time, or do I just show up at 8am and wait?

Congrats Ronny.

I got a email today saying that my appointment notice for interview was mailed today. My interview date is April 13 at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. I do not understand what this means. Is it the same office as my Biometrics or somewhere different? Will the actual letter tell me something more than this, like the actual address? I do not want to go to the incorrect place. It did not give a time. Will the letter give a time, or do I just show up at 8am and wait?

Hello - My online status said the same but the letter does give all the details. If your ASC can handle interviews, it will be scheduled there. Else you might need to travel to the other nearest NBC office. And the interview time will be mentioned on the letter. Don't worry about it.

0753I951 and induz_

don't worry about that, I got the same email notification before getting the actual IL. What it means is that the letter is being mailed from the National Benefits Center. Most likely you will have the interview in the same location you went for the Biometrics. The IL will say what location.

Thanks roonyi. I already received my IL and it has all the information about the interview.
And congratulations on getting through the entire process without any hiccups. Wish us luck :)

anybody else with any updates?

Yesterday I got a second email saying that my card into production and there qas a soft LUD on their website. Hopefully that means that they are shipping my card!!!!

None yet for me. My I-130 and I-485 are stuck with an LUD of 12/18/2010.

I did receive my EAD card in plenty of time though so just trying to be patient.

12/06/10: AOS received by USCIS
12/13/10: NOAs received
1/8/11: RFE Received
1/8/11: Received biometrics appointment for 2/2/11
1/9/11: Replied to RFE
1/26/11: Walk-in biometrics
3/2/11: EAD Production
3/12/11: Received EAD card!! :D

I have one question about my new EAD card. I had my old EAD card from OPT with A# on it, but there is a different A# on my new EAD card. Does anybody know what's going on? Thanks so much. Goodluck everyone!

Just got an RFE aand wondering if anyone knows the income requirement for a family of 3?

The income requirement for a family of 3 should be about $23,000. You can look at form I 864P at the USCIS website and it has the income requirements. If you petitioner does not have enough income, you can sponsor yourself if you have a legal source of income i.e legally authorized to work. If that is not enough, you have to have a joint sponsor who is a LPR or a USA citizen.