Any Dec 2002 I-485 Filers Left without any Approval ?????

Rambo_1333

Registered Users (C)
All,

Any Dec 2002 I-485 filers left without any approval ???

I-140 RD : 11/21/02 ; AD : 1/21/2003

I-485 RD : 12/20/02 ; AD : ??????????

Currently applied 3rd EAD and got approved on 12/17/2004.

God only knows on what's going on at this Wonderful World of Vermont Service Center.

There are lots

Why Dec 2002 ? There are lots and loads of Nov, Oct, Sept and so on and so
forth ...2002 filers, waiting.

I am, for that matter, Sept 2002 filer.

Don't draw conclusions thinking this portal is a representative sample of the
population. You will be misled. There is a huge group who just don't even
come here, there's a huge group that browses this forum and don't ever
post anything.

RD 10/4/02
EAC03018XXXXX
FP1 12/2/02 - Results sent and received
FP2 9/29/04 - Results received on 11/4/04
Opened a query in October and got a response to wait for 60 to 90 days.
Not contacted Congressman yet.

Seems exactly like mine

vg333 said:
see my signature for details

VG33, your story seems like a ditto of mine.

Case Status Enquiry with USCIS says "Case Pending Service Consideration".

Congressman's response says : "file with adjudicator".

Do you know what the reality may be or where its stuck ? Any game plan you
have ?

I am thinking of firing Expedite Request and if nothing filing Mandamus Action.

Order in approvals

Is there any way we can petition for bringing in some order in the approvals ?
There has to be some order either based on Priority date or 485 Notice Date.
That way atleast they can make an effort to locate some mis-placed applications etc.

Any thoughts ?

Same old discussion...good luck

Browse through old postings.....its futile to try what you suggest, amongst
people here.

Petition how, who, where, when ? Individually, a Mandamus of Action can be
filed.

Good luck anyway.

Sumantha

At the moment my attorneys are saying that staying the course with congressman is the best course of action. Anything else (mtg with vermont director, expedite request, ombudsman etc) apparently may cause further delays. I do not necessarily buy this argument.

I feel that my case is somehow stuck with the FBI name check. I heard of people having this check being stuck for more than 2 years.. My contact at the congressman's (Garrett) office returned from vacation yesterday (12/20). She said that she called vermont for a status update and hasn't heard back from them yet. I am hoping for a decent response as to where the delay is. But my hopes have been in-vain over the last year as I was receiving standard responses. I would think of pursuing other options after hearing from the congressman's office.

Any other ideas?

There are so many people waiting...

wondering if this season will bring them the news they've been waiting to hear.

I am just like you...trying to stay optimistic about the whole ordeal.

I was a Feb'02 filer till a month ago when I decided to file an expedite request which apparently worked just days after it was filed. My lawyer (who refused to file it for me, so I had to do it myself) was surprised that it worked so she decided to have it confirmed through the AILA liaison. The liaison said that the case was reviewed and adjudicated as a result of the expedite fax. The only downside of it was that my husband (dependent) was transferred to a local office (don't know why) on the same date. So obviously there was a reason for holding my case for such a long time but the problem was with the dependent's case and therefore should have not delayed the primary approval.
Even though we are not out of it yet the fact that the primary is approved helps us breath a lot easier.

So try everything you can.
I do hope that due to the retrogression the older cases will get much more attention after 01/01/05 as the USCIS will change its priorities from trying to reduce the processing time to actually cutting the old backlog.

What was your primary reason in Expedite Request ?

Granting/acceptance of an Expedite Request depends entirely on

1) How convincing your argument was in the request
2) The whims/mood/personality of the reviewer.

Would you mind sharing what your argument(s) was(were) ?

I think that's the crux of an Expedite Request.

I think that's why it worked.

Don't just send a fax with your EAC number and don't be emotional. Give them enough facts for why your application should be approved and how many times you were misled by their responses to your inquiries. Attach as much info as possible to support the fact that the decision to approve your case lies with them alone and not some Washington office and it should work.

The only concern is a possibility of a transfer, but honestly after almost 1000 days of waiting I wanted at least some action and would have welcome a transfer as well.

udacha6 said:
I think that's why it worked.

Don't just send a fax with your EAC number and don't be emotional. Give them enough facts for why your application should be approved and how many times you were misled by their responses to your inquiries. Attach as much info as possible to support the fact that the decision to approve your case lies with them alone and not some Washington office and it should work.

The only concern is a possibility of a transfer, but honestly after almost 1000 days of waiting I wanted at least some action and would have welcome a transfer as well.

Sumanta ....!!! I think you are a good candidate for expedite request....!!!!!!!
I suggest try this out attaching as much info as possible!!!!! Let us know how It works out

What about adding Career Growth/Money Loss and Mental Distress ?

What about adding that getting stuck in a job as stated by Labor Cert
w/o Green Card in 6 years is leading to lack of promotions, career
stagnation, which is in turn leading to loss of financial growth as well as
mental distress, especially in a fast paced Info-Tech industry ?

Is that a logical point that may fly ?

No-no-no. That's the wrong way to get their attention. Please remember that the clerks/officers who are processing your case make LESS than you do (and they know how much you make!) and have the same jobs their whole lives so you won't get any compassion from them because you didn't see any promotions in a few years.
As for mental distress - they can always say "go back if you suffer here so much".

Please be as tranquil and logical as possible. State facts (same employer, name check cleared years ago (a fax from the FBI is a must), FP cleared, 3 or 4 EADs), mistakes made by the Service (no response after the 60-day letter) and the discrepancies between your receipt date and what they state on their website (1/02 vs. 06/03).

Please be polite and use English correctly (I don't think you are going to have a problem there).
If you want I can help you draw a draft of your expedite fax.

Thanks

Thanks ....no I don't need a draft. But then you got it right. Not a trace of
emotional stuff. Just bare facts.

However, I rgeret to say that I haven't, after 2 months , received a response
to my Name Check query ( via e-mail ) with FBI. I guess I will wait for that
to come in. In addition I will wait for an expiry of the USCIS provided
60-90 days ...which they responded when I did Status Enquiry.

Same here

485 ND 9/3/2002. not approved yet. Does any one know how long does it take from the second FP to approval?