Any Consequence of salary cut for the GC process that you know of...

boby sasi

Hi Guys,
My base salary was cut off almost by 10k and I wonder whether it is going to affect my gc process.The reason for the company for this salary cut off is \'less revenue due to the sloppy market\'.
I applied for I485 in april waiting for FP notice.Do we need to submit our pay slips at anytime to the INS?If not are they going to know about this at any point of time.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts,
Bobby

No Title

INS may want to see your current paystubs either by RFE or in an interview if one is scheduled.

It is important that your current pay be at least that of LC salary. Even if after the pay cut it is at least equal to the LC salary then you have nothing to worry.

No Title

But LCA salary is for future job right ???
Let us if company give you letter that they will give you
salary i.e equal to LCA salary but your current pay stub shows
less then LCA salary is it any problem ???

green-card is for future job right I think is should not
be any problem if comapny gives you employment letter mention
future salary equals to LCA salary .This is my view only. yours
comments????

No Title

yup, GC is for future job.present salary doesn\'t effect your GC whether less or high.

No Title

i spoke to my lawyer, she said i filed 100s of cases like that. if this had been an issue , i wouldn\'t have filed anyone of them.

from www.murthy.com

sa_boy : What options are available to an individual whose current salary is 5% less than the salary on LC? Individual is 2 weeks away from CP interview. Thanks.

SPEAKER_Attorney_Murthy : Generally the LC salary is only required to be paid after the GC approval so technically it should not matter. It sounds like you should discuss all these options with your attorney in case there is a reason for the salary differential or if there are other factors to consider during the CP interview. This sounds case-specific and imminent to discuss with a good attorney!

pay cut during GC process, reg: RFE

I am going thro same problem. My pay was cut less than LC by 10K. I talked to another lawyer to get a second opinion. He said to go back to salary in LC terms as quick as possible.

Also for my RFE I need to sent last years W2. The salary in W2 is less than LC terms by 20%. My lawyer is concerned about this.

Any ideas from gurus is highly appreciated.
Thanks and good luck for all

No Title

I donot think your w-2 have any problem .
Please ask your question from murthy.com .