Any Chicago local INS EAD experience?

tohen

Registered Users (C)
Can anybody tell me what I need to bring with me if I want to go to Chicago local INS for temp EAD? Thanks.

No Title

Hi, tohen,

Make sure that u first call Chicago INS and make an appointment, otherwise u will spend 5+ hours staying in line and looking how appointed EAD people are doing they EAD renewals in 10 min.

Then, if u have success, please post what is this temp EAD

Good luck

No Title

And, by the way,

in my experience you don\'t need doc\'s, just remember your A#, your name and address (of your lawyer or your own), all the info is in the computer, they make photos inside (remember driving license photo?), very cooperative people if you don\'t have issues with Nebraska, ask you if English is Ok to communicate, otherwise they are fluent in Spanish, if it helps you

No Title

Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. I will post the story after I go there. By the way, what is the phone number of the Chicago local INS office?

Thanks.

No Title

Are you going to renew or to obtain your first EAD? On what basis can you go to the local INS office to get your EAD? Do you have to wait until 90 days from RD and haven\'t received anything yet to be eligible?

No Title

Hi all,

I have not applied for EAD and AP with my I-485 application. Now i want to go to Chicago local INS office and get them for the first time.
My RD 02/16/2001
   ND 03/14/2001
   WAC-01-130-5**** ( Applied at CSC but lives in Chicago)
   EB2/Reg PD 05/99

I know in Cincinati you can just walk in after you get the I-485 recepit copy and get your AP and EAD with out a problem.

Please post any information if some one has got EAD at Chicago INS office for the first time.

Anyway i am trying this after 05/16/200 ( my RD is 02/16/2001) to have the 90 day gap ( but really you do not need this gap).

I will POST my details once i try this.

--NTR

No Title

Any responses or info on this issue with getting first EAD at local INS office (particularly Chicago)? NSC has been slow with EAD approvals.

No Title

I received EAD interview within two weeks after filing I-765 by mail to Chicago local INS. For the interview, take the green appointment letter, I-485 receipt notice, passport, old EAD cards and payment receipt. Takes couple of hours and easy process. Good luck