Any chance of Victimization if Senators/Congressman contected

skaus2001

Registered Users (C)
What do you think guys....
Is there any chance of victimization in any form (delay in cases, denial or RFE etc) in case we contact Congressman for helping to get the status on our pending I485 cases....

Any thoughts or inputs on your bad experiences ....

skaus2001
PD: 07/07/2000 EB2/IND/TX
RD: 12/19/2001
ND: 12/28/2001
EAC: 02 072 52XXX
FP1: 02/13/2002
FP2: 06/14/2003
AD ?????

I don't think there is any disadvantage for asking congressman's help. It won't delay your case, BTW you case has already been delayed long enough. BCIS will/dare not retaliate you simply because your seeking help from a congressman for the overdued case. You are worrying too much.

Before you worry about "victimization", please do not give high expectations on congressman's help. Sometime they are not helping you and sometime the help is useless. But you should try otherwise the only option is endless waiting for nothing.

---Compaqdb

Your dates are pretty close to mine....I'll give BCIS another month or so......

My Info:
FP1: 02/26/02
FP2: 06/17/03

NO RFE yet!

skaus2001, you should contact the senator/congressman, I think your FP is stuck somewhere at NSC, since you're a Texas resident. Yesterday someone had similar background as you got approved because of congressional intervention. try it, your case may get approved in 4 days.

deng deng, what about visiting the local office and ask about the 2nd FP, do you think that should help??

Originally posted by skaus2001
What do you think guys....
Is there any chance of victimization in any form (delay in cases, denial or RFE etc) in case we contact Congressman for helping to get the status on our pending I485 cases....

Any thoughts or inputs on your bad experiences ....

skaus2001
PD: 07/07/2000 EB2/IND/TX
RD: 12/19/2001
ND: 12/28/2001
EAC: 02 072 52XXX
FP1: 02/13/2002
FP2: 06/14/2003
AD ?????

I do not think you have anything to loose at this point. I asked the same question to my lawyer 9see my postings about Petition)and the answer was "when a case has fallen through the cracks" it will get the case back on. There is always offcourse the "adjudicator" factor which means he can trigger a Transfer or an RFE. Whether this was due to the intervention or not, we will never know as presently there is no adjudicator name attached to the processed application. Your case as others have certainly fallen through a big crack.
Something else, the office of the Ombudsman is supposed to create local ombudsman offices also. I have no news as to when but this might be another route for some people when it comes into fruition. or you guys can contact him directly but I think our upcoming petition covers all.

Thanks a lot, guys for all your comments.
I think , I should write to our local congressman. Let me see....

dengdeng

Hi Dengdeng:
Do you think I should also start the process of contacting my local congressman ? Or should I wait for one more month and see?

Its close to 3 months since I gave my FP2 and no update as yet.
My case is almost similar to skaus2001 except that my RD is one day later than him.
Friends please advice.
My case is EB3/IND/NY

jaynew, your case was not assigned at the time FP expired. That's why it takes 3 months. But it certanly doesn't hurt to contact congressman/senator office to know where is your case.

Thanks...I have contacted the Senator

Thanks Dengdeng for your inputs.
I contacted Senator Charles Schumer office just now by phone. Her assistant took my name and adress and told me that she will mail me some application forms. I need to fill that up and attach copies of relevant documents and than mail it back to her.
After that they will send it to BCIS and have to wait few weeks to get the reply from BCIS.
I guess they would request info like A#, FP Date, RD and photocopies of these documents.
I'll post it when I get the mail.
The reason I contacted Sen. Charles Schumern and not Hillary Clinton was that I had read some posts few weeks back that her office was not responsive.
Let me see how the other Senator is and than I will post my expereince so that others in NYC area could get some idea.

jaynew, I doubt this senator is helpful. My congressman never ask me to write, to attach documents and mention several weeks to reply. Just tell them EAC number on phone and that's it. Those don't sound good to me. Before you send the info, why not search your local congressman and see if his office is more helpful?

jaynew, this congresswoman seems helpful. are you in her district?

http://www.house.gov/lowey/immigration.htm

I called local congressman office for spouse case yesterday. I was asked to write down EAC #, ND, name, address on a sheet of paper and fax it to the office. not sure if it is helpful or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks again

Hey Dengdeng:
Thanks again for your reply. I guess I agree to you that this Senator might not be very helpful.
Regarding the congressman that you referred, she seems good but will not be of any help for me since I am not from her counties. I am from Queens county. I guess I have to find out who is the local congressman from my county.
Thanks again...appreciate all your help.

dengdeng,

http://www.house.gov/weiner/
This is the local congressman to my county.
How can I find out if he is immigration friendly or not?
The one you recommended really looked good but she might not take up my case.
Please help

Thx

To Jaynew,

when you called the senator's office, the operator took all your information, or she extended to another one?

thanks for a response.

Last edited by a moderator: