Any case before June/July 2001 left due to name check?

First of all, I don't know how long my friend waited. It was around 1 to 1.5 year.

My case is still pending at the NSC as I know. I got my name check information from our senator. He helped me checking those dates from NSC.

To: 0607guys

That is weird, because I know Vermont Service Center is processing I-485 filed in Feburary 2002. The other three Serice Centers might be in the same or similar pace. I thought your case might have been transferred to local office, because I felt most aging cases and troubled cases have been significantly further delayed after being transferred to local CIS office. I thought cases in Service Centers should have falled into CIS time frame for processing this kind of cases.

How do you think NSC is working on 2002 cases? The official date they posted is on Aug 24, 2001. Please post info you know. Thanks,

TO: 0607guys

I don't know NSC's processing time. My info for Vermont Processing Center for I-485s are corroborated by three sources------- the CIS' official posting for processing date(found at most attorneys' web site, such as www.shusterman.com), my neighbors who filed during that time and got finger print redo notices, and this forum postings.

If you have checked the NSC's processing time somewhere, your info should be correct. In my last posting under this thread, I just guessed that other three Service Centers might be in the same pace as the Vermont Service Center, althrough I am aware that their processing speeds were significantly different a couple of years ago. I have not deliberately tried to make current comparison among the 4 Service Ceters' processing times.

Sorry for that ambiguity.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck did they do in name check?

more than one year and no result? How much damage can terrorist do in such a long time?

We should suggest FBI arrest all who did not clear namecheck and interview them.

YES, NATIONAL SECURITY IS IMPORTANT, ARREST THEM ALL. THEN: CLEAR OR DEPORTATION!
DAMMNNN IT!!!

7th EADs

I am going to apply my 7th EAD tomorrow. Actually my 10th EADs including the first three based on F-1 visa.

3 EADs for F-1

5 EADs based on pending I-485

Renewal for the 6th EAD based on I-485 was denied due to the denial to our 2nd I-485 last year

I have to apply for the 7th EADs in order to work for a new employer since there is no answer for how long it will take for the CIA/FBI security check to complete after our interview at local Newark, NJ BCIS office in April 2003.

There is hope. We were in the same boat. We filed in July 2001. Just got approved on Dec 23. We did not notice the approvals until Dec26, a little late to have a nice Christmas, but it is OK.

We prayed, so did our parents in China. Patience, pray and strong belief in your family may help you to live through the most difficult time.

RD: July01
RFE: Feb03
2nFP: Sep03