Any case before June/July 2001 left due to name check?

0607guys

Registered Users (C)
My case is still pending due to name check.

RD 06/01
ND 07/01

The senator of my state helped me to find out they are still doing name check on my case, no timeframe to know when it will be done. Is anybody on the same boat?

Thanks,

Mine is Sep 2001... Name check is another excuse for them to come up with. They are having some other problem. Ask your lawyer to go to the INS office in person. If lawyer located at some other place hire another lawyer where ur file is pending. Thats what i am going to do. Senator, congress man etc. is not working... Good luck. Let me know the good news when u get the the card.

RD Feb.2001
ND March 2001
still pending! Whenever you call they say it is under name check!! which is really an excuse. I have contacted senator,congressman and the NSC. None oif them have worked out so far. All the answers are the same: it is pending name check which is hard to bleive. It has been more than 6 months juat for that.
Very disappointed, aghajan

Another NSC victim.............

RD/ND march 2001

Three RFEs and two FPs in last three years.
Will renew 4th EAD and AP in two months.
No help from lawer (Company hired lier).
No help from Senator as well. Just counting days....

I tried every possible way to know about my case, but no result. Sometime I think, they have lost my file.

Mandu.

mandu,
you said 3 RFEs. what they were for? how many did you get for employment? when did you get them? thnx,aghajan

For aghajan

RFE1 -- Dec 2001 Affidavit For Birth Certificate.
FP1 -- May 2002. Yes the RFE was before FP1
RFE2 -- Nov 2002 Medicals
RFE3 -- May 2003 Employment
FP2 -- Aug 2003

Waiting.......

Looks like if I call too often, they send RFE or new FP notice. Otherwise they sit tight.

RD: Feb 1, 2001

Interview completed December 18th, 2002. Waiting ever since (11 months) for name check to be completed. Two enquires by mail, one person-to-person enquiry at local office, two enquiries by Congressman's office completed so far. May be I can try to enter the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest number of enquiries!!

I had interview yeaterday. ( 11/13/03 )
I couldn't get stamped due to name check.

I'm so frustrated when I find someone waiting for about 1 year after interview and no way to push FBI or BCIS.

Looks like I am the longest waiter here.
RD: Jan. 01
ND: Feb. 01
Interviewed Nov, 02
I was told still waiting for name check result when I visited local BCIS the day before yesterday. I asked the lady in the window that if they could make an inquiry to FBI about my name check status. The lady told me that the immigration officer who interviewed me make regular query every month to FBI on pending cases. I am not sure if this is true or not. This is the first time I heard of this. I checked my wife's case to see if her name check had finished or not before and I was told that hers was done. I believe the name check waiting case is stuck in FBI. The problem is if there is any communication between BCIS and FBI about those aging name check cases and I am wondering if FBI has any persons to process the aging cases.

On the other hand, I am wondering how many of you waiting for name check are Chinese. I am Chinese. It looks like that Chinese may have more issues with name check because of short and similar names as mentioned in the hearing about name check delaying for visas as FBI told to congressmen.

Good luck to everybody.

I'm Chinese, too. I’m also wondering whether Chinese name is bothering them a lot. Or even FBI needs to send our information back to China to do security check. If it does, it might take forever to get it done. Does anybody know anything about that? Please post here! Thanks,

That can't be done. Will the Chinese government tell the US government who are their spies in America? BTW, I am Chinese too.

Originally posted by 0607guys
I'm Chinese, too. I’m also wondering whether Chinese name is bothering them a lot. Or even FBI needs to send our information back to China to do security check. If it does, it might take forever to get it done. Does anybody know anything about that? Please post here! Thanks,

To bxhst

I think the lady told you right. My friend just told me that the local officer sent 3 times additional request then got final response. Do you know when your name check was initially sent out? How long has it been taken so far? My name check has been sent out for almost 10 months. Still waiting for......

I guess it should be started not long after my interview. My first query was in Feb, 2003 and I was told under name checking.

Name Check

My wife and myself have been waiting long too. We did 2nd FP in Sept. 2003. Our senator's office checked our cases and said wife's name check was not back. I wonder when did they submit name check? Did we have two name checks like FPs? Anybody know FBI number to ask for name check clearance?

Very frustrated:(

RD 07/01
ND 08/01
1st FP 03/02
RFE 02/03
2nd FP 03/03

Does anybody know if it is FBI or CIA responsible for name check? Somebody told me that is done by CIA. I have asked the lawyer this question. If I get answer, I'll post here.

My friend told me that local office sent 3 times additional request to get name check result. I don't know if NSC would do that? Seems not. Does anybody hear something about it?

Thanks for your information!

Re: To bxhst

How long did you friend wait?

I think the lady told you right. My friend just told me that the local officer sent 3 times additional request then got final response. Do you know when your name check was initially sent out? How long has it been taken so far? My name check has been sent out for almost 10 months. Still waiting for......

Re: To bxhst

My name check has been sent out for almost 10 months. Still waiting for......

How did you know when your case were sent to FBI for name check?

I got two dates when I visited CIS Newark, NJ district office after 6 months of interview for the second time--------- Processing Date 3/9/03 and Loaded Date 9/15/03. The former is around the date we received our notice for interview scheduled by the office; the Latter is the same date as when I visited the office and checked our status in person for the first time after 5 months of interview .

I guess my first visit prodded them to load ( probably in other words "send") our cases to FBI and/or CIA for whatever checks.

Last edited by a moderator:
To: 0607guys Re: Any case before June/July 2001 left due to name check?

My case is still pending due to name check.

RD 06/01
ND 07/01

The senator of my state helped me to find out they are still doing name check on my case, no timeframe to know when it will be done. Is anybody on the same boat?

Thanks,

Is your case still in one of the Service Centers or transferred to local district office ?

unlcky,

Originally posted by unlcky
RD jul 11 2001
Still pending for Name check.

Has your case transferred to CIS local office or Is it still being processed at one of the Service Centers?