Any body with Florida driver licence based on EAD?

blessed_by_INS

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am on EAD and my Driver's Licence is going to expire on June 2006.last time it was issued based on H1b.Now I am on EAD and it is going to expire on june.Anybody having exp of geting Driver's licence based on 485/EAD ?please share ur exp.

My husband just renewed his and he is on interim EAD. He took his EAD and that's all he needed. They cut his DL in half and attached the receipt. He will receive his new DL within 30 days. My understanding is it will only be valid for the length of his EAD (December). Mine is due for renewal in June and I am going to wait and keep my fingers crossed for speedy 485 approval.

I renewed my drivers license by using approved I-140

Hi,

I am a florida resident and I have an approved I-140. I have not yet applied for my EAD as my H1B is valid until Jan 2007. I recently renewed my drivers license. Here is my experience.

Instead of showing the H1B documents, I told the gentleman at DL office that my I-140 was approved. He said that the original I-140 and original Socail Security Card are sufficient for renewing my drivers license. He gave me a temporary drivers license, and within 2 weeks I received my DL in mail .....guess what, it was valid for 6 years :) .

I am not sure if this is a standard procedure or not. However, this work for me and hopefully work for you too.

I have been reneweing my DL using EAD without any problems . They issue a temporary permit and card arrives in mail in less than 2 weeks .

thank You.This was really sweet!

based on EAD renewal is common sense but not benificial.I will try with 140 approval.Thanks to all for your contribution.It helped.

kasri said:
Hi,

I am a florida resident and I have an approved I-140. I have not yet applied for my EAD as my H1B is valid until Jan 2007. I recently renewed my drivers license. Here is my experience.

Instead of showing the H1B documents, I told the gentleman at DL office that my I-140 was approved. He said that the original I-140 and original Socail Security Card are sufficient for renewing my drivers license. He gave me a temporary drivers license, and within 2 weeks I received my DL in mail .....guess what, it was valid for 6 years :) .

I am not sure if this is a standard procedure or not. However, this work for me and hopefully work for you too.

i DID my DL too...

I went today to DL Office with my Passport and EAD , wich expire soon , also with the EAD renewal notice and they did my DL Processing , they took my old DL and they gave me a 30 days driving permit on paper !!!