Any body knows the fee for iEAD?

peaceinheart

Registered Users (C)
My EAD (I-765) hasn't been approved in 90 days. I'm planning to apply an iEAD (interim EAD) in our local INS office. I've searched in this forum and got some very useful information about what documens I should carry. It is said I should carry my original EAD receipt notice, I-140 approval notice and I-485 receipt notice. Plus, I should carry my passport. Anything else? Any further suggestion will be greatly appreciated here. In addition, how much is the fee for the iEAD application. I was told that the application in our local INS office will take 9 days to process. Any info. about this? Thanks a lot indeed.

I dont think they charge you any fee for getting an inteim EAD. I got mine a few months back in Phoenix, Az and they did not charge me any more than what I sent all with the application to CSC.

thanks, tingoat. Did u get it on the same day?

Hi, tingoat,
thank u very much for ur timely reply. How many days did it take for u to get the iEAD? Based on the posts here, some people said they got it on the same day, is it also the case for u? Anyway, thanks for ur reply.

I got it on the same day. I was in a mess as my EAD expired on th 89th day. but luckily i went early in the morning and got my EAD on the 90th day and went to work.

You dont have to pay a dime for their inefficiency. Just go to local office you will get it in few hours.

There have been instances when they asked for $120 by mistake. Read the EAD Faq, to requote, if they ask you to drop your pants, .. don't just drop 'em, instead drop 'em and bend over.

In other words, keep both cash and checkbook with u. But technically they are not supposed to charge fee for iEAD.

Originally posted by Silly Man
There have been instances when they asked for $120 by mistake. Read the EAD Faq, to requote, if they ask you to drop your pants, .. don't just drop 'em, instead drop 'em and bend over.

blowjob from a hooker: $20
mistakenly charged on an iEAD: $120
case approved after dropping pants and bending over: priceless!

SillyMan, did u enjoy the experience? ;)

iEAD should be free of cost.

Unfortunately they don't pay you for the inconvinience of standing in queue from 5:00 am in the morning because they din't process your EAD within 90 days.

iEAD

I got my iEAD from Boston. Its free of cost. Make sure you are at the JFK building by 7:30am.

-fb-

I went to local INS and was asked to be back in 9 days

The local INS officer just checked the copies of my I-765 and receipt notice of I-485 then handed me a slip asking me to be back in 9 days for an interview. So different for the processing of iEAD in different places!!! Certainly, I'll check the FAQ for the EAD. Neither did I want to pay for the mistakenly charged $120, nor did I wanna drop my pants.... Thanks all guys.

Re: I went to local INS and was asked to be back in 9 days

Originally posted by peaceinheart
The local INS officer just checked the copies of my I-765 and receipt notice of I-485 then handed me a slip asking me to be back in 9 days for an interview. So different for the processing of iEAD in different places!!! Certainly, I'll check the FAQ for the EAD. Neither did I want to pay for the mistakenly charged $120, nor did I wanna drop my pants.... Thanks all guys.

Which is ur local INS office? iEAD has no charge per my lawyer.