Any body changed job after 180 days of I-485!

Anamika

Registered Users (C)
Guys, anybody changed jobs after 180 days pending I-485. I don\'t have a project for last 5 weeks and my 180 days is over in June. Before I take a decision I want to know if people have started changing jobs. Please help me to have a list so that we can keep track of people who changed jobs and waiting for approval. I found one or two cases in this forum.

Also I wanted to know from you all if my consulting company offers me to get me a permanent offer would it be could idea to move jobs after 180 days.
Appreciate your opinion.

No Title

Would you please tell me how? Are you working using EAD or some other visa? Does your new company need something to surpport you? Did you check with your attorney about the condition of the job changing? I might be in the same boat with your guys, so really want some details.

Thanks!

No Title

ShanXin, I switched jobs using my EAD. My ND 11/99 and PD 04/99. I had one RFE recently (Employer letter, w2 for 2 years) and sent it out recently. I saw one of the members a few days ago who got approved after changing jobs using the 180 day rule. His RFE was similar to mine and I am hoping to be approved soon. My EAD (second one) expires in Jan 2002...so I am hoping that I should hear something by then. All my new company neede was my EAD. The legal dept of the company thought it was okay to change based on the ACT 21 law.
Hope I answered your questions....

No Title

I am also planning to change my job. I have been on loss of pay for the past 3 weeks. Is there any grace time that allows us to find another job.

No Title

Guys this is really a good news. I am going to talk to my employer to look for a permanent job and I hope INS isasking for employment letter and w2. I would like to keep this post alive and request everybody who has changed job after 180 days or in verge to change job.
Thanks guys for all your responses. I will post as soon as I get something.

No Title

Right now I am on EAD, For the Last 4 months I don\'t have pay stubs, Is there any problem for my approval. Please let me know..

No Title

My case is slightly different. Guys please see my earlier posting on HELP !!!! Job Change case.
I quite appreciate the response from aqua lung and ind2ki. Thank you guys for your advice

No Title

Zeedawg, thank you so much for your answering, it is a great one! Now my question is if INS ask the reference letter or something else, what will you give them, from your original company or the current company? Another thing is why don\'t ask for the extension while waiting, if you could not get your approval at the beginning next year, just incase, you could not workt, just wait, right?

No Title

Could you please provide info on your lawyer? Did you change lawyer when you changed job?

Pls. provide name and contact number of lawyer. Also, could you pls. give some more details on your case, like how similar your new job was to the old one interms of title, salary, and description. Also, how did you handle RFE?