• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any Australian Winners Yet? 2010

I won mine in NZ case number 2010OC000006**. 1st NL dated April 20th, received in NZ on about May 9th, and sent forms from the US to KCC on May 14th by Fedex (so it should have arrived May 15th).

By the way, I've been applying pretty much every year (bar 1 or 2 years) since about 1990, so I am floored that I finally got this letter!

By the way, I've been applying pretty much every year (bar 1 or 2 years) since about 1990, so I am floored that I finally got this letter!
Oh! apply for 10 years but get nothing. If the program still exist for next year. You will be continuing your 11th year journey.:rolleyes:

Guess I havn't won mine this year then :(
Sigh I just cant put my life on hold any longer, I want to live in the US so badly. I cant take another moment of Australia, internet censorship and constantly alcoholism with every peer my age.

* Cable TV
* Hollywood
* Fast Internet
* All Night Diners
* Bounty Hunting ( For a Job, Its illegal over here in Australia )
* Walmart
* America gets everything
* America gets everything first

Hi there was an Australian thread back in April, but it's buried now. I posted way back then. So I thought I would cut paste and repost.

Finally after 10 years of applying for the lottery. I have a NL. Super excited, but a little worried that my number will not come up.

I received letter PM April 17.
My NL number is OC000011xx

I checked the Visa Bulletin and they are at 930 for June, so it looks like I may be scraping it in if it follows the same pattern as DV2009. I guess all I can do is wait and see. Any advice anyone?

I'm an Aussie currently living in the US.

Good luck to all else who are still waiting.

* Cable TV
* Hollywood
* Fast Internet
* All Night Diners
* Walmart

Hey!!

Hollywood (nobody actually cares!!)
Fast Internet( YES!! I have 2o MBPS)
All Night Diners (meh!)
Bounty Hunting (Not so much)
Walmart (what so good about it??)
America gets everything?? (No jobs right now)
America gets everything first (Yeah SARS/ Terrorists attack / swine / you name it)

hi i've got the NL of DV 2010 But got confused about few things . plz help me out solving these......

1.I'm single and received the white envelope on my name and I'm not residing in the USA.
so should I feel up only form DS -230 part1& 2 or both DS-230 and DSP-122?

2.I'm single and got the letter on my name so I've to feel-up a single copy of the forms (i e: only for me) or every members of my family(i e: 1 copy each for my mother,father & brother)?

3. Should I feel-up the forms by hand writing or I have to print the answers of each questions and then only put the signature by my hand?

4.should I send only my photo or each member of my family?

Please help me out brothers coz I've very little idea about the forms & English .And I'm staying in some part of the earth where I'll have none to help me. so please help.please write to :
metroloy@yahoo.com

Nope - no sign of anything in my mail box yet. I filed under NZ, and my husband under Australia, and we both reside in California. Seems like a lot of people have rec'd their letters, so I am thinking its not looking so good at this point. But then again, they do estimate from May - July so perhaps they stop sending them out around the start of June?! Who knows... but we will continue to wait.

Aussies & Kiwi's - please keep posting!

Nope - no sign of anything in my mail box yet. I filed under NZ, and my husband under Australia, and we both reside in California. Seems like a lot of people have rec'd their letters, so I am thinking its not looking so good at this point. But then again, they do estimate from May - July so perhaps they stop sending them out around the start of June?! Who knows... but we will continue to wait.

Aussies & Kiwi's - please keep posting!
dear ma'am
two more months to go why your already giving up?! Some people receive their NL at July 25th :)

hi i've got the NL of DV 2010 But got confused about few things . plz help me out solving these......

1.I'm single and received the white envelope on my name and I'm not residing in the USA.
so should I feel up only form DS -230 part1& 2 or both DS-230 and DSP-122?

2.I'm single and got the letter on my name so I've to feel-up a single copy of the forms (i e: only for me) or every members of my family(i e: 1 copy each for my mother,father & brother)?

3. Should I feel-up the forms by hand writing or I have to print the answers of each questions and then only put the signature by my hand?

4.should I send only my photo or each member of my family?

Please help me out brothers coz I've very little idea about the forms & English .And I'm staying in some part of the earth where I'll have none to help me. so please help.please write to :
metroloy@yahoo.com

1. You need to fill out both DS-230 & DS-122. Only for you. The rest of your faily is not eligable for a GC

2. see 1.

3. Do whatever you like. Doesn't matter if handwritten or by typewriter

4. Only your photo

I thought Aussie has foxtel? Our cable subscription is not exactly cheap too but yes our internet is super fast. When I was in Sydney, I practically fell asleep while waiting for 2 songs to be downloaded.

All night diners...you mean like ihop? Dennys? hahaha you are so funny :D
Walmart is okay, but I like Target way better.

* Cable TV
* Hollywood
* Fast Internet
* All Night Diners
* Walmart

I want a NL badly. I so want to live in America. I dont want to be just restricted to living in Australia the rest of my life. it is a small place population wise and if you dont fit in eg like football, have a sarcastic sense of humour, celebrating success rather than pretend you never really wanted it, smile meekly when accepting positive feedback rather than a big display of thanks etc these are all the cultural reasons I can't wait to escape here. In America all these things are acceptable (i'll forget the humour as they dont get it and its not that funny anyway. By being sarcastic, it is a form of nastiness. It is a thinly veiled swipe at someone not to think too much of themselves anyway by keeping themself in their place. Australia has a huge inferiority complex and you are not allowed to feel good about what you do or they think you have an ego and you are not too think you are better than anyone else other wise you are shot down quick by saracasm or insults in the form of 'humour'. Many Australians have poor self esteem because of this. In the US they build you up not pull you down. On the plus side our uni fees are very cheap and we dont have the homeless and poverty problems

No personal interest here but here's a post from an Australian winner, letter received in the UK.

britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606617

aussie winners?

Hi I reside in Australia but have applied for the DV via Sth America and my husband via Africa - but one of my friends is an aussie and has been applying for the last 3 years and so far he has heard nothing.
I will keep you posted.
Maybe no news is good news!

I want a NL badly. I so want to live in America. I dont want to be just restricted to living in Australia the rest of my life. it is a small place population wise and if you dont fit in eg like football, have a sarcastic sense of humour, celebrating success rather than pretend you never really wanted it, smile meekly when accepting positive feedback rather than a big display of thanks etc these are all the cultural reasons I can't wait to escape here. In America all these things are acceptable (i'll forget the humour as they dont get it and its not that funny anyway. By being sarcastic, it is a form of nastiness. It is a thinly veiled swipe at someone not to think too much of themselves anyway by keeping themself in their place. Australia has a huge inferiority complex and you are not allowed to feel good about what you do or they think you have an ego and you are not too think you are better than anyone else other wise you are shot down quick by saracasm or insults in the form of 'humour'. Many Australians have poor self esteem because of this. In the US they build you up not pull you down. On the plus side our uni fees are very cheap and we dont have the homeless and poverty problems

You've said exactly what I wanted to.