Any August Cases left

Rupinder Singh

Registered Users (C)
Are there are any more August cases left apart from mine ?

RD : 08/08/01
ND : 09/26/01
RFE : 09/14/02
RFE response received : 09/25/02

Waiting to hear something ever since.

you betcha

Do you think, after we pass 18 months, the senator/congressman office will be able to kick their ass in the right place, or we are going to rotten till we lose our jobs or our sanity ?

I have completely lost hopes I'd hear anything from VSC.

RD : 08/08/01
ND : 09/26/01
RFE : 05/28/02
RFE response received : 06/24/02

Please check RFE letters carefully.

I am an August 2001 filer who went through a lot of hassles before the GC was finally approved on October 9th.
Got RFE for ridiculous reason like the Dr. forgetting to place a tick mark against the column requiring him to certify that I am upto date on all vaccinations and so on.
The RFE letter sent out by VSC in July had the wrong form number (typo error) and stated that it was an RFE for I-765 instead of I-485 which we all overlooked.
This promptly landed our package in the wrong department and thereafter it went untraceable for almost three and a half months.
Terse moments and unnecessary expenses of extending EAD/AP and not to mention endless phone calls finally paid off and we were very lucky in finally getting an answer from VSC (through the lawyer's office).
All I can say now is that it was all "GOD's" grace that they managed to finally find our package and approving our case.
Please speak to your attorney and get in touch with an IIO asap.

you haven't seen enough ...

Congratulations for your GC, however you can consider yourself lucky because some AOS applicants have been and currently are through much worse.

Talk to the lawyer you say ... this (hired by company, paid by me) lizzard cares only about money. One example - can you imagine, 6 days before my EAD was about to expire he calls me and with urgency in his voice informs me that I have to immediately, using his services, renew it ? 6 days !!! Well, I had no doubt about him, so I had already filed and renewed three months on my own.

Call IIO ... hmm, good advice for the believers. I kept calling them every 30-45 days for already 5 months. Until last month the answer was the standard one, that is 4 weeks, 30 days, or 60-90 days ... Last time I was informed my case is under review. No use.

That's why I'll try to stay sane and let 2 months pass, then I'll try the last promise for hope -- senator and congressman offices. If this does not work, the hell with it.

Ditto on the waiting....

RD 08/03/01
ND 09/27/01
FP 01/22/02
RFE 09/17/02
RFE resp. 10/17/02
Last news: lawyer contacted VSC on 11/20/02, case with reviewer, was told action should be taken in the next 7-10 days. Of course, thats passed already...

Whats going on... this just isn't going anywhere. Lately, I find it increasingly harder to keep this immigration related negativity out of day-to-day life. Even the illusionary "dangling carrot" of hope -- a steady stream of approvals has shriveled, albeit disappeared these last few weeks.

My receipt date: Auguest-9-2001

Notice date: September-28-2001

Finnger Print date: 27th, April-2002

Acording to my attroney case is assigned to an officer Nov-6,2002

Do you guys know how long will it take to an officer to make a decison this type of case..?

Me too

Hello all,

Count me in. I have the same problems.

RD 08/27/2001
ND 10/16/2001

RFE 05/27/2002 (this letter was lost in the mail according to INS)
RFE 06/25/2002 (copy of RFE mailed by INS)
RFE response received by INS: 07/09/02

Called 6 times so far. Initially they told it is being processed and should hear something in 2-3 weeks. A month ago some nice IIO told my case is assigned to an officer only on Oct 3rd.

Mean time my lawyer mailed a status enquiry, my local congressman sent a status inquiry, but no word yet. Today i spoke to my lawyer and he is going to call INS through Liaison function (which is supposed to be more effective). Rest is on God's Grace.

Thanks,