Any approvals for NC victims thru the new memo?

nj_skm

Registered Users (C)
My case is currently current. :D
See details in my signature.

Is there someone with a similar story who got approved? I applied for 485 2 yrs back when it was current and got stuck in NC. Now, thanks to the new memo, I'm eligible for approval as my PD is current. Haven't see any LUD's and wondering how long it'll take.

Also a little cynical about whether they'll efficiently handle my case, resulting in approval. Also wondering if it'll retrogress yet again before approval. Also wondering if others with a later PD will get approved while my file sits on a shelf someplace. Also wondering...

So did anyone with a similar timeline get approved recently?

My case is currently current. :D
See details in my signature.

Is there someone with a similar story who got approved? I applied for 485 2 yrs back when it was current and got stuck in NC. Now, thanks to the new memo, I'm eligible for approval as my PD is current. Haven't see any LUD's and wondering how long it'll take.

Also a little cynical about whether they'll efficiently handle my case, resulting in approval. Also wondering if it'll retrogress yet again before approval. Also wondering if others with a later PD will get approved while my file sits on a shelf someplace. Also wondering...

So did anyone with a similar timeline get approved recently?

If you mean February, 180 days memo- it's dead, they don't follow it anymore. The new toy is April 2 joint effort of USCIS and FBI, and it should start working sometimes in May...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean February, 180 days memo- it's dead, they don't follow it anymore. The new toy is April 2 joint effort of USCIS and FBI, and it should start working sometimes in May...

Whaaaaaa????!!!!:confused:

I was on vacation for the last four weeks and didn't follow the immi portal.

Can someone educate me about the Apr 2 joint action by USCIS & FBI?

They both suck so bad that it makes me shudder to think what damage they might do working together. :mad:

Thanks for the link.
So I'm in line for yet another three months, starting from now.
After all these years, I've grown stoic and I smile at a mere three months.
I can't help getting a feeling that something will come up within these three months which will invalidate the goal of this joint action.
I close my eyes again.

I called USCIS and could talk to IO

Hi,
I am EB 2 India PD Feb 2001 and I140/485 RD is June 2005. Was stuck in NC for 28 months. I received a letter from FBI that they have cleared NC in Oct 2007.
Further followup with USCIS confirmed that all security checks have been done and my case is ready to be reviewed by an officer. A subsequent Infopass revealed that my case is pre-adjudicated and I just have to wait for them to catch up on my case (God knows when...cause they are approving cases with RD in 2007 and nothing for me)...
Yesterday I could talk to an IO and he surprised me...after taking all details, he said that your NC is pending however I have a good news that since new policies, you should hear a decision by the July.
I confronted him with the info I have that NC and all had been cleared while back...then he said...Oh...there are other security checks which are pending...but do not worry...that should not be a problem based on new policies..
I do not know what to believe now...letters I received, followup information I got in last 4 months or this guy who says that security checks are still pending...it makes my head hurt and do not knwo what to do...so I am just waiting for few more months and see (if my luck remains the same as it was throughout my GC processing..thne they will run out the Visa by July..and then again I have to wait...)....
USCIS is like a small replica of hell on earth....:confused:

got "card production" emails today

Dear Forum,

After long ordeal, finally I received magic emails today at 7 PM PST. I received "Card Production Ordered" email (No welcoming permanent resident email yet..I do not know if I am suppose to receive that or not). So it looks like my I-485 is approved because it says "Card Production ordered". My timelines/dates are listed below. It is a good news for old timers who are stuck at Nebraska. It seems like they are looking into these cases, so do not lose hopes. Plus May Visa bulletin is god , so you have full one good month ahead and I am sure that your processing will finish like mine, if you are those old PDs. Good Luck to All here.
I appreciate the community here. My only unsolicited advice will be that once your I-485 is filed, live like you already received the Greencard and do not wait for anything. I went ahead and bought house etc. / enrolled for Masters and started doing many things after my I-485 was filed. So don't wait for anything and enjoy everyday till your I-485 remains with USCIS. Believe me, it will come one day...but the time you spend waiting will never come back...so enjoy every moment. See Ya...

EB2 India PD Feb 2001 Substitute labor
I-140/I485 concurrently filed at California in June 2005 Later transferred to Nebraska
I-140 aproval - Sept. 2005
4 EADs/2 FPs meanwhile
was stuck in Namecheck for 28 months
NC cleared in Oct 2007 then they ran out of Visa
I485 Approval came today 04/29/2007 once PD became current in starting of April 2007.

Thanks and Good Luck to All :)
Hi,
I am EB 2 India PD Feb 2001 and I140/485 RD is June 2005. Was stuck in NC for 28 months. I received a letter from FBI that they have cleared NC in Oct 2007.
Further followup with USCIS confirmed that all security checks have been done and my case is ready to be reviewed by an officer. A subsequent Infopass revealed that my case is pre-adjudicated and I just have to wait for them to catch up on my case (God knows when...cause they are approving cases with RD in 2007 and nothing for me)...
Yesterday I could talk to an IO and he surprised me...after taking all details, he said that your NC is pending however I have a good news that since new policies, you should hear a decision by the July.
I confronted him with the info I have that NC and all had been cleared while back...then he said...Oh...there are other security checks which are pending...but do not worry...that should not be a problem based on new policies..
I do not know what to believe now...letters I received, followup information I got in last 4 months or this guy who says that security checks are still pending...it makes my head hurt and do not knwo what to do...so I am just waiting for few more months and see (if my luck remains the same as it was throughout my GC processing..thne they will run out the Visa by July..and then again I have to wait...)....
USCIS is like a small replica of hell on earth....:confused:

I got approved too

your case gives some hope. looks like tsc has started looking old cases. my RD is also may 2006. wish some miracle happens.