Any advice please ?

Krishna7

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

It is more than a month after my finger print is completed (finger printed on Sep 10, 2005), and I have still not received interview letter. Normally in Denver region, all my friends received their interview letters very quickly (like in 1 or 2 weeks after their finger prints, in july, august 2005). Online status is stale. I tried to schedule "INFOPASS" appointment, it does not schedule appointment saying "At this time, there are no information appmnts available in your area". what should I do now other than just waiting to get better idea of interview date/letter ?

Is there any body from Denver region who was finger printed in September and received their interview letter, please let me know.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am not in the Denver area but mine took several months to come. I wouldn't worried about it. If too much time passes just give them a buzz.

Thank you mmorala

Thanks for your reply. I will wait for some time and followup as you mentioned.

- Krishna7 :)

Online status changed today, things are moving.

Case Status
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

That sounds like good news, interview letter is on the way !!!!

Krishna7 said:
Case Status
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

That sounds like good news, interview letter is on the way !!!!

have you ever been able to get the status up from online system?

If you have never been able to get the status from the online system, don't put your hope high for the interview letter.

If it is on the other way, congrat, and you might get your interview letter soon.

Yes, I monitored my status online and watched it change.

Hi ocworker,

I had created online account with my application number on it. Two changes were observed, (1) I could see "Last Updated" date change from 07/14/05 to 10/14/05 and (2) Status earlier was "my application was received on so and so date and will be processed within 375 days..blah...blah..." and now it changed to "case not found". And I think that suggests some activities are going on my case in District Office.

Hope this helps to clear many doubts in many readers.

Thanks,

Hi Krishna7,

How do you know that some activities are going on in district office, my case status changed to the same message as yours one month back and I have not heard anything from them. Also, people with the PD's after my date got there IL.

Thanks.

Krishna7 said:
Hi ocworker,

I had created online account with my application number on it. Two changes were observed, (1) I could see "Last Updated" date change from 07/14/05 to 10/14/05 and (2) Status earlier was "my application was received on so and so date and will be processed within 375 days..blah...blah..." and now it changed to "case not found". And I think that suggests some activities are going on my case in District Office.

Hope this helps to clear many doubts in many readers.

Thanks,

if it is the case, congrat to you in advance, you will be receiving the interview letter soon :)

(my case never showed online until the day i received my interview letter. it never been updated since then even after the interview, got the oath letter, and became a US citizen).

Ocworker and Paulsangh

Congrats Ocworker ! (for becoming citizen, a mile stone reached in life, wishing you happy and prosperous citizenship and coming years in life !!!)

Paulsangh, have you created online account ? With online account, they update "last date update" field, which gives us little more information about when your case file got updated with new information. In my opinion, you should arrange "infopass" visit to find out about your case (just to avoid confusion, in case letter is lost in mail or stuck in mail). In infopass, they will be able to tell you exact/approximate dates on when to expect interview.

If I don't receive my interview letter nextweek, I will be planning to schedule infopass appointment. Good luck

Krishna7 said:
Congrats Ocworker ! (for becoming citizen, a mile stone reached in life, wishing you happy and prosperous citizenship and coming years in life !!!)

Paulsangh, have you created online account ? With online account, they update "last date update" field, which gives us little more information about when your case file got updated with new information. In my opinion, you should arrange "infopass" visit to find out about your case (just to avoid confusion, in case letter is lost in mail or stuck in mail). In infopass, they will be able to tell you exact/approximate dates on when to expect interview.

If I don't receive my interview letter nextweek, I will be planning to schedule infopass appointment. Good luck

if i were you, i would schedule an infopass for next week. usually my DO would not have appointment schedule opens within 2 weeks, so i had to make appointment 2 weeks in advance. you can always cancel your appointment anytime you want to.

well, my immigration path is done, for now. however, I am trying to find the pros and cons about I-130 vs I-129F (either I get married with my gf in her home country, or bring her to US and get married here)

Hi Krishna7 and Ocworker,

Thank you both for your replies. I did created the online account, and the "last date update" field has changed to 09/10/2005 for me and my wife. Before the message change I used to get the standard message saying "received your n400 application and it will take 90-365 days to process this kind of application", from 09/11/2005 it has been saying "case status not found, contact the national service center". My receipt date is May 10th and I saw people with the May 10th and after that getting IL. I did take an infopass appointment for next week and I am not sure what questions to ask when I go there. I am hoping that I will get my IL soon and I won't get stuck in this process like my green card forever. Thanks again for the info.

paulsangh said:
Hi Krishna7 and Ocworker,

Thank you both for your replies. I did created the online account, and the "last date update" field has changed to 09/10/2005 for me and my wife. Before the message change I used to get the standard message saying "received your n400 application and it will take 90-365 days to process this kind of application", from 09/11/2005 it has been saying "case status not found, contact the national service center". My receipt date is May 10th and I saw people with the May 10th and after that getting IL. I did take an infopass appointment for next week and I am not sure what questions to ask when I go there. I am hoping that I will get my IL soon and I won't get stuck in this process like my green card forever. Thanks again for the info.

sound like you are a step closer in your citizenship application process. hopefully in next few days you would get the interview letter.

actually, if i were you, i would not know what to ask in the infopass for the interview letter scheduling. it seems totally upto USCIS how they would schedule. it is really hard to say "someone has the PD after me and they got the interview letter" thou.

good luck :)

Interview letter received on Saturday (10/15)

fyi :
I received interview letter on Saturday (10/15).
Interview date is Nov.30

Hi Ocworker and Krishna7,

Thanks for your info to my postings. When I visited to my local DO after taking the infopass, I found that my IL was mailed but I never recieved it. Information officer was very nice person, after checking the necessary info he gave us a form which says as "Examination Notice" with handwritten info for the interview date and location etc (Mine and my wifes interview is scheduled middle of next month on the same day). He also hand wrote on the letter saying that original letter was not received due to mail issue. Hopefully everything will go fine next month and I wish you all the luck.

Thanks.

Interview Letter

RD: July 25th 2005
FP: Done: Sept 9th 2005. (was scheduled Sept 30th)
Received IL. Scheduled on Nov 18th.