Any !-485 case transferred to local office after RFE. Need help !

rsfree

Registered Users (C)
Hi ALL,

I would like to get some help here. Here's my case history

I-485 was filed in Nov,2001 at VSC and RD is 11/14/01 . I live in the SF Area in CA . I received an RFE on my case for two years of tax returns, W-2s documents on April 29, 2003. I responded to RFE by May 16. On June 24 I checked online and received this Status message ....

"On June 24, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the NCSC at (800) 375-5283"

It's same message on my wife's case as well. What does this mean ? Is it just a formality before approval or INS is looking for further evidence.

My case is clean since I have been the present employer for the last 5 years.

Could someone of the forum with similar experience or knowledge help ? What should I be doing next ?

Thanks
RSFree

I-485 filed at VSC
RFE issued on 4/29/03
Response recd by INS on 5/23/03
Local transfer (accdoring to Online Status) on 6/24/03

rsfree

This is just a formality before approval.

My case was same.
Filed in CSC. Moved residence during I-140 stage.
Co. same throughout GC process.
After RFE in July 2002 (I-485 filed in Sept 2001), Case transferred to Local office (Newark) for Interview in March 03. Interview scheduled - May 03. PP stamped with approval on the same day of the interview (May 2003).

One response for interview I got from an IIO was that since I moved my residence during the GC process maybe one of the possibility for an interview.

The situation looks same for you too. Just a formality before approval.

Be prepared with your documents. There is quiet a bit of info for interview documents, just do a search and you will get a ton of information on interviews in this forum.

Relax, the end is near.

Good luck.

Tan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here: transfer after RFE

RFE in october 02 and transferred in February. still waiting for interview date- security check needs to be done first.

anybody in VSC and transferred to SF local office ?

Would like to hear from someone with the same situation as me. I would like to hear some estimate on wait times for interviews in SF.

Thanks for the replies.

..Rsfree

Did you change your job title?

Hi,

I am still waiting for my fate to be determined as well after I sent in the response to RFE.

I am really curious about:
Did you include a letter of employment in your response to RFE?
Have you changed your job title?

Thanks in advance for sharing info.

PA_GC_Wait

I think you're posting in the wrong forum! You might find more people in the CSC forum that have been transferred to SF (even though you initially filed at VSC)
Good luck!

I am in a similar situation - I used to live in Virginia but moved to SF area 1 year ago. My case has been transferred from VSC on May 14 to local office in SF without any RFE - I have not heard from them yet. My RD is Nov 28, 2001.