Any 485 Aug 2002 filer still waiting?

Maria Tan

Registered Users (C)
I got my 140 approved on June 2002 and filed 485 on August 2002.

I did the first inquiry on March 2005 and received

"Your I-485 case is pending ...."

I did the second inquiry on June 2005 and received

"Your I-485 is awaiting a review by an officer..."

Is there anyone has the same situation with me?

Thanks

Count me in as well

RD Dec 2002

They told me 'Case is in security Check.."

God only knows

Well-Have you checked with FBI

their testimony says they resolve 99% cases within 120 days. Does INS send for security check multiple times? Is there validity for name check?
I sent email to FBI and plan to call them
with retrogressison, if we dont get approved by june 31 then its another 3 months wait...

How do you know your case is in security check

hambir ,

How do you know your Case is in security Check? Do you receive the letter from INS?

Thanks

I guess, I could be among one of the oldest case pending. Six months ago I got help from senator's office only to know that the case is stuck on FBI Name check. Sent email to FBI around Dec 2004 (could be Jan 2005) but haven’t heard back from them yet (no surprise).

After so many calls to USCIS Customer Service, finally I got chance to talk to an Immigration Officer yesterday. I was excited that I may get some details why my application has not been touched even after the processing date passed me by 18 months. The excitement didn't last for long. The officer didn't say anything except the last action taken on the application was the third Finger Print on Feb 2005 (duh! I was the one who took it and I know the date tell me something that I don’t know). As per the officer, the application is out there anything (RFE, approvals, or denial) can be happen anytime. Basically, I still on the same stage where I was in two years ago.

RD: Jan 2002

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Even More trouble

So, it seems like if we don't get approved this month, we will have to wait until October to hear anything since the Visa numbers will not be available.

awaits for review

I did send an email on last Nov. to FBI and got response in this April. I was told that my name check is pending since Jan. 2003

My workmate who inquired the same time to INS with me got the following message:

"Your case has been assigned to an officer". Then 2 months later, he got approved.

My question is:

Since my application is awaits for a review by an officer instead of assigned to an officer, Does this mean i still didn't pass the security check?

Thanks

Pending since Jan 2003

Wow, thats 2 years.....thats insane. even if your name resulted ina hit, it should not take over 2 years. Is there any recourse. have you tried contacting FBI directly to get records in light of Freedom act...
is your name very common?
what does ur lawyer say?