Any 245i cases pending 485 approval Help!!!!!!!!!!

abj

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, I can use all the help you guys can give me. I applied for 485 through my employer RD 3/13 ND 3/23 FP 8/15. Applied under 245i amnesty program. Recvd a letter that your file is transferred to Newark office for interview. Any body in the same boat can share the experience. Very scared

No Title

I have I485 transferred and called for an Interview next week at the local office. I donot know what to expect?
I also have an Employement based approval. I will post how my interview went

Surekha

My friend applied 245i too.

abj,

When is your interview ? My friend applied for 245i and his RD is sometime in May. His file is not transferred to local ins yet but he is expecting that his file will be transferred to because of 245. I hope you two can be in touch as both your cases are similar.

No Title

Don\'t worry. My 245(i) was approved through LA interview. Officer didn\'t even ask anything about 245(i). He just asked whether my husband is still working for the same company.

Look for my posts in I-485 (CSC) for details on the interview.

How to apply under 245(i)

Hi,

I already applied for 485, but I am also in the same boat like switching companies from back and forth. I am here from 1998. How to apply under 245(i) section, Please explain.

Thanks in advance!

malli can you please post your details...

congrats malli!! can you please post your details

like RD ,ND ,Case transfer date, An interview date etc..

as my case has been filed under 245i and i am sure by looking up past posts, they are transffering all 245i cases for an interview..

thanks for sharing info..and enjoy your freedom..

Details

Case details:
PD: February 1996
Labor approved: June 1999
I-140 approved: July 2000
I-485 applied under 245(i): July 2000.
I-485 receipt dates: September 2000 (lawyer sent the wrong amount, so it took two months to receive the receipts)
I-485 transferred to LA office for interview: March 2001.
Interview held: January 16, 2002.

The reason for 245(i) was INS gave me H-1 for seven years and even that expired 20 days before I got my EAD.

The interview was pretty straightforward:

1) We were asked to take oath and the officer took our fingerprints.
2) Then the officer asked for the driver\'s license, medical exam reports and passports. My driver\'s license had the old address, so he asked me to show the DMV change of address card.
3)Then he started interviewing my husband who is the primary applicant. He verified all the biographical information, father\'s name, mother\'s maiden name, city where he was born. He asked for the original birth certificate and compared them to the one he had.
4) Then he asked when was the last time he entered US.
5) He asked to see the original degree certificate.
6) Then he asked whether he was still with the same company and asked for the latest pay stubs. My husband also showed his company photo ID card.
7) Then he asked the standard question, whether any arrests, drug use or a member of any organization in India.
8) Then he said he is going to approve his petition and stamped his passport.
9) Then he asked me the same questions as my husband: mother\'s name, father\'s name and city I was born in, last time I entered US. He asked to see the original birth and marriage certificates. He compared them with the copy he had.
9) Then he asked for the original marriage cert. Then he asked me what other proof I have for the validity for our marriage. This is where he lingered on the most. I showed him some of our wedding pictures, bank account, tax return etc. Then he asked whether I have more pictures. Luckily I had taked my entire wedding album. I handed it over to him. He leafed through almost half of it. Then he asked whether we jointly own any property and we said yes. He asked for a copy of the title deed of our home. Then he said he is going to approve it and stamped our passport. He congratulated us and told us we had prepared very well.

Totally it took about 40 minutes. He remarked that it was a simple case.

No Title

In your 485 application form, there is some place where you have to specify 245(i) and fill Supplement A to form I-485 and also pay $1000. I don\'t know how you can change that after you have applied. May be you can send an addendum through your lawyer.

245(i) is for people who have overstayed their visa or worked without authorization and whose PD is before oct\'98.(They extended 245(i) recently so it is possible that Oct\'98 provision has changed. Please check with your lawyer or INS website) There is another clause 245(k) where people who were lawfully admitted to the United States, but have not violated their status or worked without permission for more than 180 days can apply for I-485. Here you don\'t even have to pay $1000. Again, check with your lawyer since 245(i)/(k) clauses were changed recently.

Whatever it is, you still have to honor the conditions fo you labor certification and should not change employer before the "the 180 days".

malli

Does 245(i) gets interview ??

Friend of my\'n also in the same boat, got RFE last week for photographs,employment letter and Birth cirtificate. Is that means that he does get interview in a local office or what??. Does all 485 under the 245(i) have to go through interviews?? does any one out there got approval with out going through interview?? please need help on this issue. Thanx.

No Title

My Interview is tomorrow.
I have a NIW RD 9/00 and according to my Lawyer everything is in order I am still anxious.
Thanks
Surekha