• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

any 2008 winner from iran?

dont worry

hi borderline,

do you know why Ankara doesn't announce jan's schedule?

thanks, pegah

hey dear pegah:
as i know this is not so important and it happened many times before and perhaps cause a vacation they make such a delay.so dont worry and follow the embassy web site in next days.i am sure we find great news in following days.

hi Pegah,
yes, I mailed the forms after I recieved the first package,but in one of the forms there was a question that wanted me to choose the embassy that I want to have my interview and then it said that if I was not sure which embassy to choose I could write where I live and then they choose themselves the embassy for me, and I did so. That s why I dont know exactly where my interview is until my number becomes current, but I think probably it would be Ankara. what about you? where did you choose for the interview in the forms?

hey dear pegah:
as i know this is not so important and it happened many times before and perhaps cause a vacation they make such a delay.so dont worry and follow the embassy web site in next days.i am sure we find great news in following days.

hi borderline,

sure, i hope it would be so! any way if you come to any news, please inform us especially regarding Ankara's interview schedule.

thanks, pegah

hi Pegah,
yes, I mailed the forms after I recieved the first package,but in one of the forms there was a question that wanted me to choose the embassy that I want to have my interview and then it said that if I was not sure which embassy to choose I could write where I live and then they choose themselves the embassy for me, and I did so. That s why I dont know exactly where my interview is until my number becomes current, but I think probably it would be Ankara. what about you? where did you choose for the interview in the forms?

hi Iranian girl,

I think it would be better to send an email to KCC & ask them what to do? I choose Ankara but my case number is very high.

good luck, pegah

hi Pegah,
why do you think I should send an email to KCC? they themselves had written in that question that if I say where I live then they choose the embassy for me, so I think there is nothing to worry about. I just wait till my number becomes current, and then I will ask them about the embassy where they have chosen for me:) but anyway if you have any information about this, please inform me!
Good Luck

dear pegah; or shahram ;
I have a question from u.does your first mail from KCC start with "CONGRATULATIONS"?
Because i heard that the NL for some with high case numbers dont start with it.and it increases the chance!!!!!
mine has "CONGRATULATIONS".I wana to see if it is true or not,bcz my case number is around yours.any one else who knows it please tell me.
mersi

hi Saba,

mine begins with Congra... . it is a letter written for all in a same form. they don't write different letter for winners.what is your case number? where do you choose for interview?

good luck

salaam pegah khanom

my case number is around14xxx,
i read that someone wrote in this forum that he had seen a letter without congratulation and also high number.that time i thought it wasn't serious.
but after that i talked to a vakil:rolleyes: in america and he asked me about it. he said it means that u have chance to get GC more:confused:
that's why i asked u and shahram whether ur letters has it or not .
now i really don't know howvalid this is; but i'm very hopefull to the visa bulltin in the next 6 months:).
what about u?

hi saba,
mine in around 14xxx. I consistently check the new bulletin and also Ankara's site. the situation for dv-2008 makes a bit different. I hope I get the second letter.

good luck,

hey every1 !
I didn't expect lots of persians around :D anyhow ! is there any persian with a successful (or even unsuccessful) CP experience around, willing 2 share the experience ?

--
Regards

Anyone heard about “FBI ROUTINE CHECK” for Iranians

Dear friends,
I need your advices and help or if any one is in the same situation as mine.
I am a winner of DV-2008 (Diversity lottery winner) and applied to do the AOS. Every thing was all right till now. I received the notice of action and my biometric is taken by my local office around 2 weeks back.
Now, I received a call from an FBI agent asking me for a meeting within this week!!! The agent said, there is nothing to worry about and it is a routine check. I got very worried and asked what the purpose is? The agent said, generally, it is based on where you come from!! And I said I never heard about it. The agent said I know!
Firstly, I thought it may be a scam and asked for the agent’s identity. The person gave me cell phone number, their office number, name and other information for me to confirm.
I found those information on FBI site. So, the agent should be real not a scam. I also asked the agent if they can send me a letter by mail for this purpose. The agent did not answer this question and repeated that I should call their FBI office and confirm the identity. Again, the agent insisted that there is nothing to worry otherwise they would never give me a week to arrange a time to meet each other. And, I said I am not worried because I even did not get a traffic ticket in U.S.!! And, the agent said I know!

By the way I am a student from Iran and, never been involved in any problems in all my entire life. Also, I am shocked how come I ‘ve never been asked for this “routine check” during my few years stay in U.S. and how it pops-up after I applied for AOS.

Anyway, I am going to consult my lawyer. And, I thought you guys may have some opinion that may help the situation.

Thanks

Please go to the following link for the rest of story
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1902330#post1902330

Last edited by a moderator:
hi badluck

This is not an unusaual thing for iranian, i think you should call the FBI office and speak to somebody in order to check whether the call you received was a genuine one.
Don't worry and within this one week make sure all your legal documents are ok.

Be alerted there is nothing called “FBI routine check”

Dear friends,
I need your advices and help or if any one is in the same situation as mine.
I am a winner of DV-2008 (Diversity lottery winner) and applied to do the AOS. Every thing was all right till now. I received the notice of action and my biometric is taken by my local office around 2 weeks back.
Now, I received a call from an FBI agent asking me for a meeting within this week!!! The agent said, there is nothing to worry about and it is a routine check. I got very worried and asked what the purpose is? The agent said, generally, it is based on where you come from!! And I said I never heard about it. The agent said I know!
Firstly, I thought it may be a scam and asked for the agent’s identity. The person gave me cell phone number, their office number, name and other information for me to confirm.
I found those information on FBI site. So, the agent should be real not a scam. I also asked the agent if they can send me a letter by mail for this purpose. The agent did not answer this question and repeated that I should call their FBI office and confirm the identity. Again, the agent insisted that there is nothing to worry otherwise they would never give me a week to arrange a time to meet each other. And, I said I am not worried because I even did not get a traffic ticket in U.S.!! And, the agent said I know!

By the way I am a student from Iran and, never been involved in any problems in all my entire life. Also, I am shocked how come I ‘ve never been asked for this “routine check” during my few years stay in U.S. and how it pops-up after I applied for AOS.

Anyway, I am going to consult my lawyer. And, I thought you guys may have some opinion that may help the situation.

Thanks

Dear friends,
Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinion regarding “FBI routine check” that was my initial message. I also quote my first message here for you to read the story again.
Now, the important part!
I am sharing this with you because it may happen to every one of you, not only iranians. I was lucky and my lawyer helped me to avoid such a trouble.
Read the rest of story now.
My lawyer was so shocked by hearing the story about the FBI agent call and said this is the first time that she hear that. She start confirming the agent identity and calling him to get more information on my behalf and in the meantime got more information from other lawyers nationwide. We all know that lawyers have certain resources. It ended-up that there is no program or procedure called “Routine check” in FBI for nobody. Then my lawyer called the agent and asked straight forward that 1- “ Is this meeting connected with my client’s application pending with USCIS?” and the agent answered “NO” (it looks that he had to answer). 2-“ Are you connected with any type of case that is related to my client in any way?” and the agent answered ” NO” again. And then she said to him that “my client doesn’t have to attent this meeting , isnt it?” and the agent confirmed that I do not have to attend this meeting. And, she cancelled the metting finally. I realized now why the agent refused to send me an official letter asking for such a meeting.
Then my lawyer called and asked me that “ did the agent used the word ,”Routin check”, or ,”check”, when he called me and I said “Yes”. I asked “ what is the wrong now and what should I do?” then she explained what she asked the agent and she said that I should not attend such a meeting because the FBI agent may get some information (even may look general or very normal information to us) and use against me because we do not know what type of criteria and categorization the FBI is looking for. I said, I did noting wrong in my entire life to be afraid of. But, she insisted that I must not attend the meeting.
She gurantee that there is no harm for me or my background by cancelling this meeting and I trust her .
So guys please be aware and do not simply trust anybody just because they work for a government organizaion becauses some people try to walk on the edge of the LAW.
I am not a good translator but we have a proverb that says “somebody got an instruction (or order) to go and get a hat. The person returned and he got a human head with a hat on top of it”.
And, remember that every one has a certain right in U.S.A. regardless of their immigration status and the LAW is supporting that. So, find out your rights and how to claim your rights before you do anything.
By the way I think I should change my ID to goodluck2 instead of badluck2 and thank GOD every day
Good luck

Question on Police Clearance Certificate

I was wondering if any previous Iranian DV winners had issues with Police clearance certificate. I just need to know this to be prepared if I win the DV2009. Is this a standar requirement for all Iranians ?

I ( Main Applicant) have lived outside Iran since I was 16 years old, but my wife left Iran aged 30. We live in England now. Do we need to get police clearance certificate from IRAN as a standard document in support of our application? Such certificates are easy to get in England, but the Iranian certificates take ages.

I appreciate a reply by anyone who knows about this rule.

hi mr.Koorosh,

oonha hamantor ke dar siteshoon avardehand hich madrake police va hatta kharte payane khedmat az iran nemikhand. chon aslan systeme ghazaiie iran ra ghabool nadarand. in ra motmaen bashid.

www.mohajersara.com
movaffagh bashid,

Hi Pegah, Re: Question on Police Clearance Certificate

Thank you so much for your help. The fact that you say Iranians are not asked for Police clearance certificate gives me relief and hope, so we do not need to panic with this long process.
The reason I asked this question before is because some Iranian DV winners were talking about this requirement. I know for fact that Canada always asks for police certification from Iranians who apply for settlement visa in Canada. Thanks again for your assurance.
If anyone wants to know about Canadian visa rules, I am glad to help. :cool:

Salam
man yeki az barandegane DV-2008 hastam. vaghte interview ham behem 21 mordade87 dadan. vali man yeki az in madareko vaghean nemidunam chetori bayad tahieh konam.
zaheran age man "affidavit support" too US nadashte basham bayad ye "personal Fund" be dolar ya derham dashte basham. hala soalate man ine, lotfan komakam konid:
1- in "personal fund" bayad koja bashe? mishe masalan ye hesabe arzi tu banke meli bashe?
2- hade aghal bayad cheghad bashe?
3- "bank statement" chie? elame mojodi?
va ye soale dige ke kheili baram moheme?
*- age man nakham citizen besham, va faghat har 2-3 saal yebar az green cardam estefade konam, aya batel mishe?
bebakhshid ke in soalaro tu chand ta post matrah kardam, chon 2 hafteye dige mosahebast va man hichkar nakardam.

salam,
it wasn't neccessary to post your questions in all three thread!
shoma kami dir jonbidi. bebinam shoma hamooni nisty ke dar mohajersara ham post dari? beharhal in form baraye irooniha lazem ast. tamame in soalattat ra ba abuzhabi( ya oonjaii ke file kardi ckeck kon). oonha sarie javabat ra midand. age shoghlat jozve reshtehhaye "in demand" bashe, shayad oon form ra nakhand. taajjob mikonam ke hanooz madarekat ra amadeh nakardehii. chon por kardan va ersale oon formha baraye zamenet vaght mibareh. soaalattat ra dar mohajersara bepors ta injoory ba finglish ghanoone inja ra be ham nazanim.

www.mohjersara.com