• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

any 2008 winner from iran?

pegah

Registered Users (C)
hi,

we won in dv-2008. our case number is 14XXX. what is yours?:cool: . when will be your interview?. please share your information with other iranians.

good luck,:D
pegah

Dear Pegah Khanom

first of all u r very welcome 2 the Forum:)
I'm a 2007 dv winner from Iran, feel free 2 ask ur questions- if any - here.:)
there so many nice and experienced (Iranian & Foreign) guys in this forum!
Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
salam,

kheili mamnoon az javabetoon. shomarehe man 14XXX ast va az in matalebi ke dar in forum khandeham fekr nemikonam omidi be interview dashteh basham. dorost migam? hodude shomarehe shoma chand bood? khahesh mikonam mara rahnamaii konid. dorost ast ke faghat ta shomarehe 7750 ra elam kardehand? man be KCC email zadeham vali hanooz javab nadaehand. montazere javab az tarafe hameye irooniha hastam.

good luck,
pegah

salam

salam pegah jan:man kamran hastam az iran eghdam kardam va 2008 winner hastam.case no:8xxx .aval ke behet tabrik migam ke dar marhaleye aval entekhab shodi va mikhastma behet begam ke man tooye in 3-4 mah ke daram tooye web site haye mokhtalef dar morede lottery michrkham fahmidam ke dv 2008 ba 2007 baraye asia fargh dare.manzooram ine ke emsal az asia case no bishtari elam kardan va ehtemalan dadlileshoon az inkar darsade bishtare sherkatkonnadegane bangladeshi dar dv2008 ast.oonjoor ke vezarate jkharejeye us elam karde dar 2008 tedade 6.4 million nafar az kole donya sherkat kardan ke 38% az oonha az asia boodan(yani hodoode 2.4 million) az tarafe dige emsal bangladeshshiha 1.8 million az in 2.4 million ra tashkil midan.pas mishe fahmid ke ehtemalan az in 15-16000 nafar ke az asia elam shodan 10-12000 nafar bangladeshi hastan.az tarafe dige bishtarin visa ke be har keshvar midan 7% kol ast.pas az bangladesh faghat 3500 nafar visa migiran va baghiye out mishan ke inja chance shoma ziad mishe.chon adade balatar ro elam mikonan va man ehtemale ziad midam ke emsal too asia ta 14-15000 elam konan.in ro ham be yad dashte bash ke taghriban har sal har chi case no elam kardan mosahebe ham mishan.masalan baraye hami 2007 ta case no 9200 ta akhare ageust interview mishe.pas age ta 15-16000 az asia elam mikonan yani ehtemale interview ziade....pas na omid nabash va natayej ro peygiri kon.movafagh bashi.
ghorbanat/kamran

Dear Pegah

I agree with BORDERLINE! this year because of many reasons the lottery affairs changed. as BORDERLINE said u may still have a chance! don't worry and OMID DASHTE BASH! lottery is a chance and u were liucky to be chosen!
Take a look at these weblogs, u can find plenty useful info in FARSI!
http://www.lottery.persianblog.ir
or
http://www.safareman.persianblog.ir
here we should write in english so that the others can understand our problems and our solutions too!:)
if i can help u in any way feel free to email me or call me.
I pray 4 u
GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm iranian too and waiting for second letter.:)
i have a question:
is having a sponsor in U.S a must? i mean can you still be issued a visa without a U.S citizen sponsoring you or is that impossible?
thanks in advance.

P.S : good luck to all of you guys. my prayers and crossed fingers are for you.

sponsor

Dear TEOTH,

Yes, all Iranian applicants MUST have a citizen sponsor.

As the embassy can not verify other kind of assets in Iran, the only way is having a sponsor.

thank you for the quick answer.
the problem is i didn't know this. and didn't fill in the part about the U.S address. to be honest we thought it meant OUR address in U.S i case there is any. so our form is incomplete right? will we still be called for interview or will they just dismiss our case? :(

sponsor

No! you're right!
in the forms that you sent to KCC, there's a field that needs your future/planned address in usa, not your sponsor's address.

actually you need to take i-134 and tax forms at your interview (as sponsor's needed documents)

thank you for the quick answer.
the problem is i didn't know this. and didn't fill in the part about the U.S address. to be honest we thought it meant OUR address in U.S i case there is any. so our form is incomplete right? will we still be called for interview or will they just dismiss our case? :(

Dear TEOTH
As 3WISHES said unfortunately all Iranians must have a sponsor since they don't accept any bank statements, mortgages, property ownerships or ... from Iran.
regarding ur second question, don't worry about an adderss in US, be sure that if ur case number is low u'll be definitely intervewed, but at the time of ur interview u should be more equiped! u'd better to have a US address just to provide them somewhere for sending u the GCs( it can be ur sponsor's address or any other addresses, u can change it as soon as u enter the US either at ur POE or after residing in America.)
so be aware that they never dismiss any cases for such reasons but Affidavit of Support is so important 4 them.
hope it helps
GOOD LUCK

thank you both for the information. it means a lot.:)
does the sponsor need to be a family member? or a friend will suffice as well?
and also i don't have any idea what i-134 is. can you please help me with it?
my case no. is 29XX. is it low enough?:eek:
sorry for all of the questions everyone.

i-134

your sponsor can be a friend...

the sponsor needs to provide the following items and send to you or directly to the embassy.

1- Notarized I-134 Affidavit of Support Form (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf)
2- 2007 1040 Individual income tax returns and W2 forms
3- Proof of sponsor's US citizenship or LPR status

and yes, 29XX is a good case number and your interview might be in November/December/January.

hi again
could anyone please tell me where our sponsor can get the required forms from?
:eek:

hi,

it has been mentioned in the form ( i-134) ; USCIS. also read carefully it's official site( dvlottery.com)

good luck,
pegah

hi irooni guys,

I have a question: would you please tell me what is the difference between CP and AOS?

thanks,
pegah