Any 2002 filers still left

srireddy

Registered Users (C)
Any 2002 filers still left out there... Let's talk about what we can do to dig our files...

I just applied for my 4th EAD and 2nd AP. Should I give a change of address and File AC21? Does it make someone to take a look at my AOS file? Please advice gurus.

Did you check with namecheck?

Did you check with FBI on your name check? You can check this forum for FBI name check. Also, if you want, talk to your Senator or Congressman. They can be reached at www.house.gov or www.senate.com. It is very hard for you to see Sept or Oct 03 cases being approved.

Dave

Frustrated

Srireddy,
Our name checks got cleared and finger prints are valid. We approached throgh congressman . Still nothing happens. The only reply we got from USCIS throgh congressman is , ordering the file to an adjudicating officer for review in the end of January. I am just waiting for the date to move from Aug31 to Sep 31 so that I can send query to USCIS. My lawyer is not paying any attention to this case. All he says is "wait, It will come".
Do you think we should approach Rajiv Khanna's office for any help?

ND:08/21/05
FP2:07/17/05

A friend of mine has an RD 06/2002 (Nebraska). He was told by his lawyer ( actually, our same lawyer) that his file was lost by USCIS and they would take action immediately. But until now, he has no results. Its such a lame excuse for USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
kvs said:
Srireddy,
Our name checks got cleared and finger prints are valid. We approached throgh congressman . Still nothing happens. The only reply we got from USCIS throgh congressman is , ordering the file to an adjudicating officer for review in the end of January. I am just waiting for the date to move from Aug31 to Sep 31 so that I can send query to USCIS. My lawyer is not paying any attention to this case. All he says is "wait, It will come".
Do you think we should approach Rajiv Khanna's office for any help?

ND:08/21/05
FP2:07/17/05

Hi KVS,

You are right. I am also thinking of engaging another attorney to look into status of my App. It seems that certain lawyers who belong to AILA have liason office in USCIS that may respond quickly, try these options.

My namecheck was completed long time ago according to an email from FBI. My spouse's namecheck is pending because USCIS goof'ed off with her A# originally. I also applied for my 4th EAD and 2nd AP in the hopes of them acting on my AOS file. Who knows as to what takes so long. It also concerns me as to whether they lost my file because the message remains the same and LUDs changed only once when the Senator contacted them and I got the standard "Processing currently 08/31 crap" notice from senator.

Let me know your thoughts?

No use

Srireddy,
I talked to Rajiv Khanna's law office. They told me that they can not do anything and suggested to go through the congressman's office, which I am doing for the last 3 to 4 months. I am stuck here.
One of the astrologer told I might see something in March so something might happen in next 15 days. I know I am going crazy but can't help it.
I am planning to apply my advanceparole this week and fourth work ID next month.

KVS
Rd 08/16/2002
Nd: 08/21/2002
2FP:07/17/2002

feeling is mutual

kvs said:
Srireddy,
I talked to Rajiv Khanna's law office. They told me that they can not do anything and suggested to go through the congressman's office, which I am doing for the last 3 to 4 months. I am stuck here.
One of the astrologer told I might see something in March so something might happen in next 15 days. I know I am going crazy but can't help it.
I am planning to apply my advanceparole this week and fourth work ID next month.

KVS
Rd 08/16/2002
Nd: 08/21/2002
2FP:07/17/2002

I share the exact same frustration and am just pissed off at how things work here at INS.

sAME here

Dear Guys:

I have the exact situation with you, my name check has been stuck in FBI for more than two years and it is still pending. Nothing can do except frustration. I am loosing faith to this country, the worst government efficiency

My I485 was filed in Nov. of 2002.

Do not know what to say, I am cracy too

Letter to Senator

Guys:

Could someone post the format/sample letter to senator or congressman. It should be helpful for all of us.

Thanks.
Nebraskan.
ND 9/2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing works

I don't think any letter, any calls to anyone works. I am in the height of my frustation so please pardon me for such negativity. my name check is also stuck for more than 2 yrs now.

Nebraskan said:
Guys:

Could someone post the format/sample letter to senator or congressman. It should be helpful for all of us.

Thanks.
Nebraskan.
ND 9/2002

Hi Nebraskan,

Here is the letter I used, even though it didn't get me any results, I thought I would post it for you. You may contact Sen Chuck Hagel and since they are local, I would imagine they may have better contacts.

Nov 18th 2004

US Senator
230 S. Dearborn St., Ste. 3892
Chicago, IL 60604

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for excellent services to the citizens and communities of XX. We will always remember you for your steadfastness and commitment to a fair and responsible leadership positions.

I am writing today to seek your assistance to enquire about the status of my petition with USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Center bearing case ID number LIN 0XXXXXXX. I applied for adjustment of status (I485) application in the month of September 2002.

I would truly appreciate if you can enquire about my case and also if possible expedite the process to adjudicate the case. I sincerely appreciate your and your staff’s time spent towards resolving this issue.

Thanking you, Sir.

With Sincere Regards,

XXX
Address with current contact phone numbers and email addresses

Xlosur

Hi Guys,
I am also in exact situation. My RD is 05/07/2002. I checked with congressman. There is really no formal letters needed. You could call them tell your LIN#and you will get reply within 2 hours.

The final reply I got from senator was to wait some more time. Officers has to pick my file and adjudicate the case.

If any update in your case let me know.

Thanks
XLOSUR

I was informed by my senator that my case is with stuck with FBI name check. It may take upto two years to clear my case. We have to hang in there.

Hi

Hi:

I just went to the Senator's office myself. I was told that this is a very normal process that they follow up with their congressional liason at INS. And they also provided me a form that they expect a person to fill up and submit to them. This Form clearly states that they WILL require A# and more details about the case then you had in your letter.

If you put more details ignore this - if not - I'd suggest that you call the senator's office and have them send the inquiry form to you to fill up and fax it back or something.

Cheers!
Currys

I'm in Same boat

I applied in Jan 2002 and still same thing. I tried Local Office & Senators (three) nothing happened. Everybody is saying samething "Just Wait".

Also, my attorney send documents to Nebraska Office. But nothing happened. I did my 2nd FP a month ago. But no updates yet.

God knows when they'll clear all of us from this problems.

Piyushind

daym

That's sad - wow.. never thought that there are cases left prior to mine.

But man this is crazy!