Any 2002 485 filers still waiting for Name Check?

Oct, 2002 still waiting.

Guys,

Here are my details.

I485 RD- Nov 08,2002 at CSC
Transferred to VSC on JAn 16, 2003.
Recd 3 EAD and AP from VSC
FP1- Dec 12, 2002

I do not know why my application was transferred. But, I am still waiting.
I have created several enquiries, no response so far.

Here is my question for you guys: How did you guys find out that your "name check is pending" with INS?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Shakthi

shakthi73 said:
Guys,

Here are my details.

I485 RD- Nov 08,2002 at CSC
Transferred to VSC on JAn 16, 2003.
Recd 3 EAD and AP from VSC
FP1- Dec 12, 2002

I do not know why my application was transferred. But, I am still waiting.
I have created several enquiries, no response so far.

Here is my question for you guys: How did you guys find out that your "name check is pending" with INS?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Shakthi

called the emergency #

I-140 RD is Feb 2001 i.e PD (EB3, INDIA)
I-485 RD DEC 2005

Sent emails/faxes to FBI, no response so far.
But got response to my FOIPA request, as "no records".
I have made a habit to email/fax weekly enquiring my name check status.

Once I called the the FBI telephone no., the lady said no more voice queries entertained, only email queries and expect replies in 2-3 months.

Plan to contact my local INS office where I had interview after 60 days of my interview and that will be in May (Had interview in March 2005).
Plan to contact my congressman soon to help me out also.

Me too from 2002; keep in touch guys

I am stuck with RD 01/29/02 with no response yet.

Inquiry sayins 'Security Clearance' pending.

FBI cleared name check in 2002.

If name check is pending, they should give us a conditional GC that should be renewed every year or even less untill the check is cleared and then conditions are removed.. not that bad right?

anyways I am scared to see Sipak post.. I cam to know about name check business just a few days before my interview and till now was thinking name check is just one shot process.. but there are many more dimensions to it.. name check, security check, checking many databases etc.. basically getting a FOIPA 'no records' from FBI might not mean everything.. they just checked FBI databases - that's what I got from my congressman office. A case worker called me today and said that FOIPA request might not everything, they do check a lot more databases and once cannot penetrate them. Have to just wait for the process to follow its natural path - unpredicatble, chaotic. and slowww..
But they said they will enquire regularly to see what's happening.