Any 2001's still waiting?

neversay_never

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was wondering if there are still anybody waiting on their approval from 2001 ND. Dont know if I am the only one lost in the ocean or is there somebody else out there....

My case is held up on name check...and dont know what to do about it...
Oh well Cest la vie (life goes on in french)....

I think I've seen one more person here with Dec (maybe) 2001 RD.

You will probably get approved once the Name Check clears.

As far as me, I am with RD Jan 24, 2002, and my case was stuck with FBI until end of Sep 2004, after that it took NSC 3 months to decide to transfer my case to Chicago's local office.

Good Luck!

neversay_never said:
Hi,

I was wondering if there are still anybody waiting on their approval from 2001 ND. Dont know if I am the only one lost in the ocean or is there somebody else out there....

My case is held up on name check...and dont know what to do about it...
Oh well Cest la vie (life goes on in french)....

My case was recently approved but the delay was not due to name check though. I can understand your frustration for the delay as I had been through it. Contact your local senator's or congressman's office . Though they cant expedite security check their inquiry will mostly speedup your name check. Good luck to you.

question 4 u, nsc121901

Hi nsc121901,

have a question for u, what is security check? My RD is 09/24/02
and I completed 2nd FP on 06/15/02, after that there is no news what so ever not LUD change either. I called service center twice for inquiry back
in August and October. They sent me a letter on Oct 13,04 saying my case
has been selected for detailed review but no clarification on what it is.
I contacted IL senator Dick Durbin in September and they came back saying
my case has completed FP and name check but is still in the security area
for review. I wonder if that is the same as the security check u mentioned.
If it is, what is it? My case is supposed to be straightforward,
no address change, no employer change. so what is holding it up,
I am really frustrated, I have been in this country since January 95
so after 10 years, I am still not closing this chapter.

lewen said:
Hi nsc121901,

have a question for u, what is security check? My RD is 09/24/02
and I completed 2nd FP on 06/15/02, after that there is no news what so ever not LUD change either. I called service center twice for inquiry back
in August and October. They sent me a letter on Oct 13,04 saying my case
has been selected for detailed review but no clarification on what it is.
I contacted IL senator Dick Durbin in September and they came back saying
my case has completed FP and name check but is still in the security area
for review. I wonder if that is the same as the security check u mentioned.
If it is, what is it? My case is supposed to be straightforward,
no address change, no employer change. so what is holding it up,
I am really frustrated, I have been in this country since January 95
so after 10 years, I am still not closing this chapter.

Are you with 245(i) case?

sorry about my ignorance.

what is 245(i) case? I assume it is for those who were out of status at
some point, am I right? No, in my 10 years, I have never been out of status,
it took me 5 years to finish my Ph.D., and I have been working for 5 years,
so I am on 2nd H1 expiring next year.

Same here - Jan 2002

Hello Friends,

My case is same as yours. My RD/ND Jan. 10th, 2002. I did my FP in FEB 2002 and I recd. call from INS officer back in April 2004. Since then there is no updates. I contatced two senators from my area and both said my case is under security clearance check. Now they both are no longer senators. So i'm planning to contact new senators in Jan 2005.

I'm waiting for my 4th EAD to approve. I filled in Oct 2004 and so far nothing.

It is just frustrating. And i can't concerntrate in my work or any other area fully.

I hope that this new year of 2005 will bring some good news for all of us.

Best of Luck to all of us.

Piyushind

lewen said:
what is 245(i) case? I assume it is for those who were out of status at
some point, am I right? No, in my 10 years, I have never been out of status,
it took me 5 years to finish my Ph.D., and I have been working for 5 years,
so I am on 2nd H1 expiring next year.

That's right!
I was just wondering how you "survived" for 10 years, and maybe CIS did too.

that was a good one.

Am I that of an outlier? I know quite a few people who have
been here close to or more than 10 years are still waiting for
their greencard approval. For those of us who stuck out
with that terminal degree, 10 years sound about right.

ya, I have contacted senators and they have the same answer. My case is held up on name check...

I even know the INS officer who deals with my case...but the sad part is she has no control over FBI.

I have tried all avenues I think
1. local senators
2. FBI Name check #

I recently was talking to another immigration lawyer and she suggested that I go to the local police station, give my finger prints and ask them to run it through FBI database. Since there would be no hit, I could take that results and write to FBI asking why it is getting so delayed. I dont know if I want to consider this option or not...

Piyush...do you know why your case is held up?

I know everyone says Patience Pays...but at some point, we are all human. But as we always complain about the weather even though we can do nothing about it, I guess we just have to suck it up and move on...

Not being sarcastic, but just gives me little confidence to know that I am not the only one....good luck to everyone out there...may be a boat will pick us up...

Pick me UP

Please pick me when the boat comes to you.

RD March 2002 PD Jan 2001

Still waiting with no clue what to do next. Even my friend with RD Nov, 2003 has got approved. In fact I was the first in my company to apply for Green Card. Back then I was the only one pushing hard for my company to sponsor us for Green Card or else. Then they say Ok and start sponsoring for Green Card. Now out of 8 I am the only one left with no approval. The problem is all of my friends who got their GC left the company or planed to do so and my Boss is blaming me for that since he lost most talented employees after they got GC.

Sometimes I wonder even UCIS have my file.

I have done two inquiries with no result.

Same reason

neversay_never said:
Piyush...do you know why your case is held up?

I've same reason like everybody. I contacted two senators from area on different time and got same answer from both.

Also, i talked to IIO officer and ask him to send an inquiry on my case and after a month i recd. letter saying that they need more time to process my case. Now I don't know what "more time" means, because on 7th of January 2005 it will be complete 3 years from the I-485 filing date and I filled for 4th EAD in October 2004 but so far no reply.

I hope that new year 2005 will bring some good news for all of us.

Piyushind

Hi,

I am trying to see if there is a pattern. Can each of you mention why you think your case is held up.

Mine, I believe is held up on name check.

Npnjan02
Piyush
wwossen
khan_bacha

Thanks...and I am sure we will all see the light oneday, its just difficult times for us...and we'll get through this together....dont lose HOPE.

Cheer up for holidays!

Count me in. My ND was June 02, 2002. Checked CIS recently and 'glad' to know that my case was mired in the FBI name check.

I am in MI. Once my cases was transferred to the record center then got back to Nebraska on Sept. 2003. Wonder if that will cause any delay.

I had three FPs. 1st - Aug. 2002; 2nd- July 2003 ( Right after FP appiontment, I recvd a letter from CIS saying they found my FP record and I don't have to do a FP); 3rd - Nov. 02, 2004. Seveveral EADs and APs.

Heard that FBI recently alledged to have name/security check completed within 120 days during the congressional testimony. Is that true? Anyone get more info on that.

Waiting will come to an end for all of us.

Happy holidays

My case was stuck with FBI until end of Sep 2004, then trough a Senator I found out that they were missing my I-140 paperwork, and they were "searching" for it.
On top of it my case is 245(i), a mandatory reason for transfer.

neversay_never said:
Hi,

I am trying to see if there is a pattern. Can each of you mention why you think your case is held up.

Mine, I believe is held up on name check.

Npnjan02
Piyush
wwossen *************** I Have No Idea ***************

khan_bacha

Thanks...and I am sure we will all see the light oneday, its just difficult times for us...and we'll get through this together....dont lose HOPE.

Cheer up for holidays!

what is security check?

Hi gurus, I asked this before but no one answers. what is security check?
According to FBI, my name check was completed in 12/2002. I did 2nd FP
on 06/2004 and online message updated that but so far no update, no RFE
whatsoever. I contacted service center and senator, a letter from service
center says that my case has been selected for detailed review. Senator
says that my case has finished FP and name check but it was still in
the security area for review. This was 09/2004, so far 3 months gone by
and no movement. My Rd is 09/24/2002 and ND is 10/24/2002.
I wrote to Senator again and hope they can help. Meanwhile, can anyone
shed a light, please? Thanks.

I've believe I've read something here about Name Check re-done for a great number of applicants. I remember this since the FBI email replay said that my Name Check was completed in Dec 2002, but the 2 Senators confirmed that it did complete by the end of Sep 2004.