Any 2001 I-485 Case Here?

HelloINS

Registered Users (C)
I wonder if there is any 2001 I-485 case here. My case was approved back in Jan, but my daughter's (dependent) is still pending. Her I-485 was submitted in Aug, 2001, and just did the second FP.She is a minor. We called 1-800 number N times, faxed a number of letters to TSC, and contacted both Senator and Congressman's office, send a number of emails to FBI, and we run out of ideas., and wonder what we can do next?

PD. 12-12-1999
I-486 RD. 08-01-2001
I-485 RD. 09-07-2001
FP1:01-16-2003
REF:01-26-2004
REF recvd:02-26-2004
FP2:10-08-2004
AD:???

I am in the same position and tried everything possible. My I-485 RD is in July 2001. Atleast you have received RFE. For me, no RFE nothing. I have given up on it and will just wait. My attorney said the only other option is to sue.

kk171

I am very sorry to hear about your plight. If yours is a straight-forward case and you have run out of all ammunition, then the only recourse you may have is to sue TSC.

2001 filers still waiting

Our I-485 RD is July 2 and ND is August 3, 2001. CIS would take our calls for finger print until April 23, 2004. TSC sent us a letter and told us our cases were forward to the supervisor for processing. Nothing happened until we called again after 60 days (no call allowed before 60 days passed). Then we got our finger print notice.

We did our first finger print in July 13, 2004 and had to wait 60 days to call. TSC send us another letter saying the same: your cases were forward to the supervisor for processing. Then no news at all. Now we called again. They sent us RFE asking for all legal documents to prove our legal stay in the united states thought we sent them everything in 2001. My son needs to redo physical exam since he is 16 now (when we filed I-485 in 2001, he was 13). The letter said if we can not provide all the documents, we will get a penalty of $1000 each person. What a joke it is!!! They delayed the process for 1400 days and they wanted to fine us! On the phone an officer told me that since our case is in the backlog and we have waited for long time, we need to wait for longer time. Once the case is in the supervisor's hand, they can do nothing about the case.

Now we just cross our fingers though we feel depressed.

Don

Can you or anybody explain this "Once the case is in the supervisor's hand, they can do nothing about the case" ???????Why????

you have to wait then

The officer said if your case is in the supervisor's hand, that means your case is going to get processed sooner or later by the supervisor. You have to wait. Even if USCIS makes an enquiry to TSC for you, you will get the same response and wait another 60 days. She said most probably the supervisor is waiting for your security background check result.

HelloINS,

When you call CIS, you may try to ask the representative to let you talk to the officer or supervisor who is processing your daughter case. When I explained why my son could not get a college President scholarship w/o green card, the representative connected me to an TSC officer. My talk to that officer may result in sending us RFEs immediately. I guess in this way TSC may appear to do sth on our cases while they are waiting for our background check result.

Anyway, only a TSC officer or supervisor knows why your case is not processed.