Any 2001 I-485 Applicants not approved

zhangd2001

Registered Users (C)
My son's RD is July, 2001. TSC sent us RFE NOv. 3 and received our reply with his medical exam result Nov 23, 2004. Our cases were approved immediately, but our son's case is still pending. We called but the answer is we have to wait 60 days.

Are there still some 2001 filers out there?

Don

too long,
have you received any information from INS when you made an inquire? Man, you are waiting really too long. Hope you are next in the line.

Too Long

How many times have you called CIS?

The Officer just called my lawyer. He said my son's case is waiting for name check because he filed his application before he was 16. Now my son needs to redo his security background check, but the officer said he doesn't have any control on name check and he doesn't know how long my son needs to wait.

I will email and fax to FBI.

Good luck,

Don

still waiting for

My daughter's I-485 is still pending since Aug 2001. We called TSC N times and talked to our congressman's office M times since last April. Finally they send us the 2nd FP notice last Oct, and tols us the name check is pending with FBI after my daughter did her 2nd FP. We send a letter to FBI, and we got the response letter from FBI with "No Records". Then talked to our congressman's office again, they called TSC to ask they why this thing happened, and TSC said that they never send my daughter's name check request to FBI and you got the wrong info, and will do it now, and ask us to wait for another 30 days..... So I'll check it back in another 30 days.

LC--99/12
I-485 RD--08/01

HelloINS: What address did you send the letter to?

HelloINS,

Can you tell me what address you sent the inquiry letter to?

I faxed and emailed my inquiry on my son's and our name check 10/14/04, but have never got any response from FBI. I will fax and email them again tomorrow.

Thanks.

Don

INS sent me once saying that my case was forwarded to a supervisor for review. then next inquiry they told me it pending. i am waiting for the response of the last inquiry

I send a letter to David M. Hardy, Section Chief, Record/Information Dissenmination Section, Records Management Division, FBI, Washington, D,C, 20535, using FOIPA (Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts) request.

I faxed FOIPA request to Hardy

I hope the fax is the same as a letter.

How long did you get their response? Thanks.

Don

Is FOIPA same as name check???, it doesn't make much sense that you could send them a Fax or letter ang get a quick answer, while uscis takes some time, also I check about FOIPA and it is clear that they check your records, but it never mentions name check. What I really mean is that maybe "name check" is more complete than FOIPA, just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator: