Any 02-054 series out there?

I am a November case: 02-055-

Got RFE on 04/23/03, RFE replied and recv'd on May 9.
Then FP1 expired on 06/20/03
Got second FP on 07/20/03.

No news yet

I am in same boat. Nov 5 RD, RFE rcvd 04/24, still waiting. The last information I got from VSC before the phone number was discontinued is that the security check is not back yet.

I have a conjecture: if your name is relatively short, either your last or first name, your background check is going to take long time. The reason is the following: the FBI name check will search all names that contains your name, therefore, the shorter your name, the more possible hits that may contain your name's letters, hence the longer the security check takes.

My name is rather short, especially my first name. Does this conjecture work on my fellow suffers?

That's interesting.

My name is very short, two letters for the last name. Maybe that is the reason for the endless waiting?

Yes. I am an 10/01 filer. My RFE was submitted last November and have not heard anything since then. Got my 2nd FP done in June and the status is never updated. Have been waiting in pain, but don't know what to do...seems other than waiting, there is nothing can be done...

You need to do something!!!

Originally posted by whereisgc2003
Yes. I am an 10/01 filer. My RFE was submitted last November and have not heard anything since then. Got my 2nd FP done in June and the status is never updated. Have been waiting in pain, but don't know what to do...seems other than waiting, there is nothing can be done...
If you submitted RFE 11/02 and the case status never gets updated, then something is wrong, very wrong!! While 2nd FP not getting updated is probably normal, the case status should be updated for receiving RFE!! You need to find out, by any means - calling that damn useless 800# or senator/congressman, whatever - to see if your RFE was received! You have to act and quickly!!

mine is 02-055, filed late October 2001, no ref. no 2nd fp. And my name is also short, both last name and first name. It seems nothing we can do.