Anticipated I-485 processing Time

485-Pending

Registered Users (C)
Hi;

This is a message for the board. I am trying to estimate (I know it is a long strectch....), the approximate time INS VSC will take top processan I-485 application which was filed in the second half of August 2000 (RD August 2000; ND September 2000). I know that a lot has been said about the AUGUST 1999 cases and the processing time might accelerate after the completion of the cases filed in 1999.

The ironic part is I have already completed the FP. The receipt of the FP notice was surprising and gave me some hope that the processing times might actually reduce. Am I being too optimistic?. Any body have any thoughts on this, please post.

Thanks is advance. By the way my PD is WAYYYYYYY CURRENT (1996).

Lets discuss

No Title

Well, there\'s no realy irony in FP completion for case prior to Aug 99 and Sep 99 as it has no significance in processing. That is because FP notices were sent far in advance of the actual approval. Apart from errors committed by INS regarding sending FP notices for OCT 99 cases, once FP is done, it not being too optimistic to think that approval is right around the corner because apparently INS is taking a different stand that FP noticess will be sent just prior to the approval. This is purely based on the postings I have seen so far in this board. Also lately we have seen Nov and Dec 99 cases getting FP notices (however positive it may sound, the sample is short and we should wait for more cases before we get too excited) and that puts more optimism.

Overall, I am too optimistic that my case will be done by July. My detail: EB3, India, ND 02/22 (1EAD and getting ready to apply for renewal) and NO FP.

No Title

Hi RK,

I really hope this is reality. I may mean that I don\'t believe your statistics but please don\'t get wrong. I just got used to not getting excited with VSC even when there are positive signs becuase as you have seen in the past, there were plenty of unpleasant surprises.. I really hope this what will happen. I pray for my case and I shall do for everyone going thru this painful process to be set free from the invisible shackles.

Bhanu

No Title

Sorry - I meant someone with 485 ND of 2/22/2000 and not 2001
The more recent cases are getting FP notices early but it means nothing as VSC goes by 485 ND when it comes to actual approval-
confirmed with IIO by me a while back.