Answer 0/1 to Q 'How many times has your current spouse been married?'

SunnyDale

Hi,

I need a little help with this answer because my English is not very good. Should I answer 0 or 1 to the question 'How many times has your current spouse been married?' on N400 form? Neither my wife nor I has a previous marrige.

Thanks so much!
SunnyDale

When people ask you "How many times have you been married?" do you answer "one" or "zero"? Use the same answer. Add the number of your previous marriages (0) and 1 for the current one and that should be your answer.

SunnyDale said:
Hi,

I need a little help with this answer because my English is not very good. Should I answer 0 or 1 to the question 'How many times has your current spouse been married?' on N400 form? Neither my wife nor I has a previous marrige.

Thanks so much!
SunnyDale

Your wife is married to you. I hope!!!!! :p

Be Nice

Be Nice gang.

You have to remember, not everyone speaks perfect english and the logic of the question seems to make sense.. ;)

SunnyDale, I would answer 1 for your case. Answer the same for your spouse too..

Hope this help.. :)

The Dude

I disagree. I think they mean how many times have you been married BEFORE this marriage. The answer should be "0", meaning "I have not been married before"...
I would definitely check with INS customer Service by calling them...It's anonymous help...they don't care about your name etc....

Since 2 people were married (husband and wife), I think the number should be "2". If you read the words in the question carefully, they are asking the number of marriages, no matter how many people. Hope this helps. :)

--------------------------------------
Life is Great, Bush is back.

Thank you, everybody! I'll answer 1.

Thank you, everybody! I'll answer 1. But 2 sounds very convincing.

SunnyDale