Another sucess of AC21

SameerN

Registered Users (C)
By God's grace, my I485 is approved. Another AC21 case, changed 2 jobs after filing I485.

Recpt date: Sep 2001
Notice date: Oct 2001

Changed job in Aug 2002 after having fed-up with original company.

Again changed job and joined the client in Oct 2002.

RFE on Dec 9th 2002, received by first employer. Very unco-operative to hand over the RFE, but finally sent to me after 2 months.

RFE replied to INS on Feb 18, 2003

Approval on May 14, 2003

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna, Jim Mills , Rupnet and everyone who visit this site. A great website for sharing the info for the best of everyone.

God bless us and God Bless America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news and Congrats to you ! Did you voluntarily notify the INS for the 1st and 2nd job changes ? Or you just notify INS in your RFE letter in Feb. 2003 ?

Thank you.

My Lin number: LIN-02-018-xxxxx, MI , EB3.
Rupnet ID: Sameer in Sep2001 , NSC.

I did not notify INS of any of the job changes, according to my new Attoreny. ( I changed job twice) She said, it is okay to inform if we get the RFE.

When I got the RFE for employment, my attorney has informed that I changed the job based on AC21, same title, same job at client location. Infact I joined the client with the approval from the original consulting company, who filed the GC.

Myself and my attorney both were expecting transfer to Detroit INS, but luckily got the approval.

Thanks to everyone,

Yes, mine is LIN-01
RD May 2001
1st FP Aug. 2001,
2nd FP Mar. 2003
RFE April 2003 (recd. by BCIS).

Still I'd like to know the answers for the questions I asked earlier for AC21 notification to INS, can you guys share ? Thank you.

Hi bbzhan1,

I am not sure what you are asking. But I informed INS about the job change only while replying to the RFE in Feb 2003. Infact I never informed the INS about my first job change as it was only for two months. I informed only about my second job change to join the client where I worked for 4 years from the first employer (consulting company). I did all this, as per my new attorney.

Some people inform prior to RFE, some people inform when RFE comes. For some, there will not be any RFE. One should better follow the attorney's guidelines.

Thanks

SameerN:

Thank you very much for your answers. I still work in the same company over 5 years. I have a lawyer, since our company is acquired by another company, I don't know if I need to tell INS of the name change. My function remains the same. I asked my lawyer, and he did not say anything. I guess I just wait for approval.

Thank you again.

Hi bbzhan1,

At what stage the acquisition happened? during I140 or I485?

If it is 6 months after I485 filed, you can use AC21 in case of an RFE.

In case of I140, I am not sure, you may consult the attorney.

Probably you better wait for approval. If RFE comes, then you can inform

Thanks

Mine is I-485; My I-140 was approved about 2.5 years ago. Since the RD date, it has more than 2 years ! Still waiting AD.

My wife and my son are also waiting for AD. RFE (rec'd April 2003 by BCIS) for me is for employment verification. At that time company has not changed name yet. I have indicated my RD and other dates earlier in my reply.

Thank you.

Alongwith my case, also approved wife's and two children cases.
RFE for spouse (birth affidavits) also issued along with mine and RFE replied to both cases on 02/18/03. No RFE for two children.
All approved on 05/14/05.

Hi bbzhan1,

Based on what you have written, it seems you will get approval, as you have already replied to the RFE and company name was not yet changed at that time. Just be patient. My case took 3 months after replying to the RFE. One of my friends took 2 weeks and other one took more than 4 months( believe me!). So just hang in, you will get it. I used to check the case status daily and finally heard the magic words after 5 months after RFE issued ( RFE issued: 12/09/2002)

Best of luck.

Hi, SameerN:

Thank you. In fact there was also a RFE for my son for his medical tests (since he was under 14 in 2001, he was not required to do certain tests in his first medical in March 2001. But now he is required). His RFE was also received by BCIS in late April 2003. No RFE for my wife. So, based on your experience and others, I hope my case will be approved within 3 month.

SameerN,

Thanks for your reply. Could you also be kind enough to add other dates / details about your case (Priority Date etc.)

I want to see a trend if any for the kind of cases (may be futile, but hey, it's a human nature)!

My RD is in Dec. 2001. Now, it seems, it will take 22 months since the RD, for 485s!

Thanks again and congratulations - enjoy your life.

As for peope like us, we are...

...StillWaiting...

I have also used AC21. I did not voluntarily tell BCIS about my employment change. I mentioned that in the RFE response for employment to them. Wife and kid did not get RFE.

RD 11/30/2001
ND 12/04/2001
FP 05/07/2002
RFE 04/22/2003 replied and received by BCIS on 5/2/2003
AD Awaiting.

I don't know how long i have to wait.

Here are my details.

PD: 02/02/2000. IND, MI, EB3 RIR

MI Labor approved: Apr 2000 ( just 2 months)
Chicago Labor approved: Aug 2000.

Employer filed I140 Nov 2000 ( deleayed 3 months for nothing)

I140 approved in LINCOLN, NE Dec 2000
Waited for PDs to become current till July 2001,

Desi Employer filed I485 only in Sep 2001

RD: Sep 24, 2001, LIN 02-018-xxxxx
ND: Oct 23, 2001

Desi employer does not want to file EAD.

So I did some groundwork and filed EAD on my own in Dec 2001,

EAD approved in Jan 2002 ( just 1 month)

fed up with first company and changed job in Aug2002 ( 11 months after filing I485) using AC21

Again changed job in Oct 2002 and took permanent employement with the original client where I worked for 4 years.Initially desi employer did not release to join the client, so I resigned. Immediately after resigned, he gave me the release letter to join the client.

RFE: Dec 9, 2002 ( sent to original employer) for employement letter, Birth affidavits, proof of non-immigrant status and insufficient medicals.

Original employer threatened to revoke I140 and withdraw I485.

Current attorney chanlleged to do so, as we believed he can not do anything after 6 months. Orginal employer had to send the RFE as he was sent notice legally.

RFE replied to INS on Feb 18 with all details stating that original employer can not withdraw I485 and it is more than 6 months.

Approved on May14 for self, wife and two children.

Good luck to all AC21 users. It is a boon to all people who suffered by the long GC process like me.