Another step ... and questions

GS28

Registered Users (C)
So ... the dulcet tones of the AVM proclaimed that the NVC created my case on Feb. 14, 2005, and that the fee receipt will be headed out "in a few weeks." (For weeks I'd been punching in the receipt number on my I-824, and then I tried the number from the original petition, the I-360 ... and voilà!). The case has an NWD number, when my permanent address is in the jurisdiction of BMB. This was my (i.e. attorney's) fault ... the I-360 listed New Delhi.

Questions:
1) Asking for a change to BMB at the NVC: will this cause significant delays?
2) I know that the Mumbai consulate accepts just PCCs issued by an Indian mission in the US. Does the embassy in New Delhi also follow this procedure? Or will they require an Indian PCC? (If so, a delay in waiting for a change to BMB might be worth it, rather than trying to get family to obtain an Indian PCC.)

Any information would be helpful! Thanks y'all! :)

GS28 said:
So ... the dulcet tones of the AVM proclaimed that the NVC
2) I know that the Mumbai consulate accepts just PCCs issued by an Indian mission in the US. Does the embassy in New Delhi also follow this procedure? Or will they require an Indian PCC? (If so, a delay in waiting for a change to BMB might be worth it, rather than trying to get family to obtain an Indian PCC.)

Any information would be helpful! Thanks y'all! :)

Rules governing the PCC requirement are the same for all the consulates in India. If you are a current resident of US then the PCC obtained from an
Indian Consulate/Embassy is the only one required (for your stay in India).

Raju

Hi GS28--

With respect to your first question, I also requested a change in consulate. I was granted permission, although, NVC emphasized that the decision is totally up to the discretion of the 'bureaucrat' who is processing the request. In any case, I was blessed with the permission to change. This process caused a delay of 2 months.

Thanks for the reply, folks!

A two month delay? No thank you -- if it's all the same, then I can survive New Delhi in the summer :).