Another silly question :GC Interview Next Month,Indian Passport is expiring June.

greenhorns

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

My Interview date is scheduled for next month (april 2006) , but my Indian passport expires in June 2006.
if approved, should i always carry my old passport provided i get a new one.

any help in this matter is appreciated.. pls. tell me if you know of any fast way to re-new your passport or would you recommend sending my passport for renewal before the Interview. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Two Things

If your old passport is stamped and -
didn't receive GC before your old passport expires then you need to carry your old and new passports while travelling

GC arrived before old passport expired, then you don't have to carry the old passport

If you are dealing with Indian Consulate in Houston, I think you can secure a new passport in two weeks - expedited, only if you want.

If you do not want to take chances, may be you should wait until after your interview to apply for the renewal.

Even my dad's going thru the same process, his passport expires in August, but we are getting it renewed now.

Can you please give your actual Interview Date?

greenhorns said:
Folks,

My Interview date is scheduled for next month (april 2006) , but my Indian passport expires in June 2006.
if approved, should i always carry my old passport provided i get a new one.

any help in this matter is appreciated.. pls. tell me if you know of any fast way to re-new your passport or would you recommend sending my passport for renewal before the Interview. :eek:

I represent the ATL (Atlanta),.

Get your passport renewed. It'll save you the hassle of carrying two passports with you all the time.

Hi guys,

I am Canadian and in the past I have had to send in my old passport before a new one was issued.

GungaDin said:
Get your passport renewed. It'll save you the hassle of carrying two passports with you all the time.

Thanks for your inputs , folks. I'd rather carry 2 passports than lose one in the mail. ;)