Another prevailing wage question

I612

Registered Users (C)
I want to thank everybody for keeping this a useful forum. Then I have to mention that I tried using the search but can't find my answer, maybe I need more "training".
I am in the process of job hunting while in my last year of fellowship, IM subspecialty. Now I am looking for the prevailing wages on the provided link
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx
I don't see any subspecialty wages, now would I go under IM or physcians & surgeons other. Is there any other way they come up with this numbers.
Second for some reason the specific county that I have an offer in, the IM salary is like %30 higher than anything close/or far for that matter. The physician other category is OK. What is the resolution if any?
Third, as a fellow just out of training what level should I be looking. Level I says works under complete supervision, I am not sure that is what I am doing.
THANKS
:confused:

prevailing wage survey .....

I612 said:
I want to thank everybody for keeping this a useful forum. Then I have to mention that I tried using the search but can't find my answer, maybe I need more "training".
I am in the process of job hunting while in my last year of fellowship, IM subspecialty. Now I am looking for the prevailing wages on the provided link
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx
I don't see any subspecialty wages, now would I go under IM or physcians & surgeons other. Is there any other way they come up with this numbers.
Second for some reason the specific county that I have an offer in, the IM salary is like %30 higher than anything close/or far for that matter. The physician other category is OK. What is the resolution if any?
Third, as a fellow just out of training what level should I be looking. Level I says works under complete supervision, I am not sure that is what I am doing.
THANKS
:confused:
look in the thread titled ..."self help series - part 2: H1 renewal.........."
you will find your answer under the heading salary/prevailing wage.

Still not sure!

Thanks for the responses. How do I know what is the prevailing wage for subspecialty, lets say Rheumatology. Is it the wage for Int Med or the one for Physician and surgeons, other.
The reason I am asking is that for the specific county I am looking IM is 30-40% higher than other, even from surgeon, kind of unreal, just because I know how much people are getting paid if I told them the prevailing wage I think they will give a big laugh.