Another Incompetent Customer Service Agent!

Mr. Green

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I just talked to another incompetent customer service agent. We asked why my wife hadn't received her fingerprints while I received a biometrics code 3 notice. She said that her case is undergoing security checks while my case cleared those checks. So I asked, but how can I clear the background checks while I still havn't done my fingerprints? She said oh yes you did do your fingerprints on August 12! August 12 is my receipt date by the way hahaha

I actually had to explain to her what Code 3 meant hahaha Ofcourse at this point she was very irritated and she wanted nothing to do with me or my wife....

Anyway, she said that our cases are separated and my wife's case is placed on the security check shelf. Then she made a big deal about my wife's last name being different than mine. She ended by saying that my wife should not expect to hear anything for the next 5 to 6 months...... Great

This is sad. I called to get some piece of mind, instead I end up with this non sense :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry Mr Green,
Follow my friends strategy of calling again for different answers from customer service! It might be good answer.

How do I know which one is the right answer? Sometimes the right answer is not the answer you want to hear :D

I suspect that your and your wife's files are separated. Call again after a couple weeks and go thru the options untill you find the one like "if you think your files are separated". You might get a real immigration officer.

It sounds like USCIS has a problem when a spouse has a different last name that youself. I hope that is not the case. Does anyone know if this is something that they(i.e., USCIS) find unusual or dislike when reviewing cases? And as a result, may take longer to process?
Mr. Green, I would try calling again after a few days as well. Sometimes, we all get lucky and get through to someone who is helpful and knowledgeable. Hope you find some piece of mind soon.

pras01 said:
I suspect that your and your wife's files are separated. Call again after a couple weeks and go thru the options untill you find the one like "if you think your files are separated". You might get a real immigration officer.
I hope your problem gets resolved soon and everything turns out just right. I too have had my share of calling USCIS and speaking with various officers. Eventhough I do not have EB and my status is through asylum, a few years ago, I was fortunate enough to talk to a very informed and competent USCIS officer who clearly explained my EAD status to me. Because of that single, most accurate, conversation with him, I have been able to continiously work while my I485 is pending. His helpful comment basically garanteed my livelihood. Eventhough there are many officers who are not as knowledgable as they should be, there are some that are polite, knowledgable, and willing to help you while treating you like a respectable human being. Best of luck to you.

Tinta said:
It sounds like USCIS has a problem when a spouse has a different last name that youself. I hope that is not the case. Does anyone know if this is something that they(i.e., USCIS) find unusual or dislike when reviewing cases? And as a result, may take longer to process?
Mr. Green, I would try calling again after a few days as well. Sometimes, we all get lucky and get through to someone who is helpful and knowledgeable. Hope you find some piece of mind soon.

Certainly not!
Its just Mr green case....rather customer representative in his case said few words about it. BCIS is very well aware of such practices wherein second name remains different.

Well, my wife has a different last name from me. Our cases were transferred to local office. When I went there, they told me my case was OK but my wife's was still waiting for "background check". What kind of background check is this? The officer had no idea...

I'm not really sure that our cases are separated because we got both EAD cards and AP approvals at the same time. Also my wife's A# is right after mine.

The officer actually add it a note to my wife's file saying something like "In Care of (My last name)" I think this will only help if there is confusion on mail delivery eventhough I had no problems so far.

I will call again next week and hopefully I will have someone knowledgable. Two days ago I talked with a polite officer. He seemed to be really informed. Too bad I didn't have my wife with me at that time.

I will keep you guys updated. I'm going to stay optimistic that my wife will receive a FP notice before the end of this year :)