Another I485 (RD April'2004) approved ...

RoaringBull said:
Hi

I have got my approval email on 03/28 saying that my case has been approved on 03/25. I have not yet got the physical approval notice by post.

1. Do you know how much time it takes to get the approval notice ?
2. What are my next steps now after once I receive the approval notice ?

Tried to query the forum but could not get enough info.

Thanks

Congratulations ! RoaringBull.

It takes 3-5 days to get approval notice by mail.

Next steps are
Get Infopass appointment (for ADIT Proceesing) for local USCIS office for PP stamping for I-551. you can take appointmnt even before receiving approval notice. At the same time, your FP/signatureare taken on white form to process for palstic card. Bring 2 pp styled photos too. http://infopass.uscis.gov

For last few weeks in 485 approvals, physical cards are automatically ordered by service center without going to local CIS office. Looks like your digital photo/FP captured during FP/biometrics are being used to process plactic cards.

check http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1106620#post1106620

Hi lohith

Thanks for the info. I do not why they have called for PP stamping. When I gave my FP a month ago, me and wife both of us have given the full biometrics with code 3 on the FP notice.

Do you know why they are calling us for PP stamping ?

RoaringBull said:
Hi lohith

Thanks for the info. I do not why they have called for PP stamping. When I gave my FP a month ago, me and wife both of us have given the full biometrics with code 3 on the FP notice.

Do you know why they are calling us for PP stamping ?

Don't know about code 3 on FP notice. We also did our FP at San Jose.

It's regular and customary till now to process I-551 (pp stamping) and to collect FP/signature to order plastic card once 485 approved by local CIS office.

I've seen some folks getting direct plastic cards for last few weeks only, but not every one. It depends on case by case, FP center and service center. More over, USCIS is becoming Hi-tech in tranfering digital FP/biometrics data directly to plastic card manufacturer. :confused: