Another FP notice within four months ! Is this normal ?

CoolRaj_03

Registered Users (C)
Another FP notice after four months of my second FP done !!!! Is this normal ?

Hi All,

I got my second FP notice around Jan 2004 time frame when everyone else over 15 months of FP seemed to be getting another FP notice.

I went in to the Oakland office; got the FP done and thought everything was fine.

The online case status never updated since May 2002, when the results of my first FP were received, but I thought that was just a case of online status not current.

Today, I was surprised when my lawyer called me up and said that he had received another FP notice for me and spouse scheduled on 3rd week of June. I am kind of surprised because that would make it second FP request within 4 months [third overall ].

Has any one else received a similar received and is there something I can do about it?

Any suggestion/feedback from the gurus of this forum?

-CoolRaj
WAC-02-156-XXXXX

PS: I talked to my lawyer and he suggested me to comply to this notice anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
feedback please !!!!

will appreciate a feedback from the Senior members of the forums. Or just anyone who had a similar experience.

Thanks

CoolRaj

It's better to do it again, even if it's a mistake from USCIS side. Instead of waiting for the FP date, you can try to go for an early FP. It could be USCIS did not get FP result from FBI on time, when officer touched your case he/she generated another FP notice (hope this is the reason). Or it could be USCIS really wants you to do FP another time.

Thanks !!, But can I inquire USCIS about the reason ?

Thanks for your reponse Pralay.

I am anyway going to appear third time for the FP, but my real question is can I enquire the USCIS about the possible reason for this ?

I read some where that people have enquired FBI etc whether they have processed their FP and I am wondering If I could do the same about my previous FP that I got done in Jan 04. Is there a number that can be used for such a inquiry with FBI.

I am anyway planning to contact the USCIS on the number that is displayed on their case line status [800-375-5283]

Any help/info by anyone on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

CoolRaj

Gurus, any input .. ?

wondering, why this thread has'nt generated any responses. Does it mean, no one else has seen/went through a similar case and is it a non issue ... ?

Inputs will be greatly apreciated.

-CoolRaj

Happened for others. U can either call r go there to resolve it......

CoolRaj_03 said:
Hi All,

I got my second FP notice around Jan 2004 time frame when everyone else over 15 months of FP seemed to be getting another FP notice.

I went in to the Oakland office; got the FP done and thought everything was fine.

The online case status never updated since May 2002, when the results of my first FP were received, but I thought that was just a case of online status not current.

Today, I was surprised when my lawyer called me up and said that he had received another FP notice for me and spouse scheduled on 3rd week of June. I am kind of surprised because that would make it second FP request within 4 months [third overall ].

Has any one else received a similar received and is there something I can do about it?

Any suggestion/feedback from the gurus of this forum?

-CoolRaj
WAC-02-156-XXXXX

PS: I talked to my lawyer and he suggested me to comply to this notice anyway.

Once u go, they will probably not ask u to give again. if u go, u can also get some evidence for that.

happened wih me too...2nd fp done in jan 2004 got anotherone last week for june date.
will go and do it these guys are just morons .

This happened too many times in past

Lots of people in VSC got 3rd FP within 2-6 mnths after doing 2nd FP. (It has happened with someone whom I know). But when they went for 3rd FP, they said that their FP has not expired and they did not take it. It seems immigration guys said that they should not worry about it.
But you must go there. Many of approvals have come after 3rd FP notice. So you never know, you are on your way of freedom. :)

Hi CoolRaj

DId you change your address after the first FP. If you changed your address and updated the address with USCIS. It could happen. I heard sometimes it happens. I'm not sure.

Please update us

thota said:
Hi CoolRaj

DId you change your address after the first FP. If you changed your address and updated the address with USCIS. It could happen. I heard sometimes it happens. I'm not sure.

Please update us

Yes I did. Here is the timeline of events.

I changed to my new address, on 11/26/03. Informed CSC [also submitted AR-11 seperately] within a week, and got a confirmation of the new address, around 1/15/04 from CSC.

Around 1/07/04, I got a call from lawer that he had received lawer's copy of my FP notice with my old address.

He Fedex that copy to me and I toook the copy to appear on the scheduled date of 1/16/04 at the FP office.

At the FP stattion, I made it a point to to get my records reflect my new address, since I had already received the change of address confirmation from CSC. Besides, I was already at the new address for a month now, so it was the right thing to do.

A week Later I received my copy of the FP notice re-directed to me at the new address by the postal service.

Now, I have received the third FP addressed to my current residence.

As you say, I think there is a good chance that there is some goof-up becasue of Change of address.

I contacted FBI customer service today. The lady over the phone was very courteous and hepful. She told me that the only time they received the FP clearance request from INS[USCIS] was on May 29, 02 and were cleared the same day [This was my first FP]. She did a search on my A-number as well as last name to see if there were any duplicate records.

Finally she told me that, I need to contact INS for the Jan 17th 04 FP that I got done at Oakland office. FBI never received them for clearance.

So it looks, they are stuck somewhere in the INS/USCIS. And also explains to some extent why I received the third FP notice.
I am planning to do a Fax inquiry over the matter with INS on following number 949-389-3055

Went to the Oakland FP office today just to dig out more about the reason for third FP notice and take chances for a early FP

The clerk after seeing my previous FP receipts inquired with his supervisor over the phone with my A# number.

This is what he said --> Although, I can see your receipts for your previous FP done from here, My supervisor tells me your previous FP record is not in our computer for some some reasons. This is probably why you have got the third FP notice.

The damn clerk although acknowledged that there was some goof up on their part, did'nt allow me for a early FP.

Well, Govt. is Govt. in any part of globe :-(

Last edited by a moderator: