Another FOIA Success

Mayil03

Registered Users (C)
Got copy of I140 approval notice and Labour ( substitution ) detail documents from BCIS VSS on March 2 2004. Sent for FOIA around Jan 25th to SFO office and SFO office forwarded the letter to VSS on Jan 28th.
Planning to submit document for AC21 soon.

Mayil03 ?

Hey,

I have also used substitute labor.
Just want to make sure that when you apply for FOIA do you get the copy of Labor certification approval or do you get form 750A and 750B or both.

Does the Labor certification approval have the job Title, Job desc and salary information ?

Thanks a bunch

AP1

What I got was Excerpt of 750A and 750B. It has my full Labor documents and the substituion document ( the actual persons) has hidden out some fields like the name and the address.

It does have the job description, Title, Salary requirement, whether travel is needed for this position or not.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mayilo3,

I am also working on sending a FOIA request using form G-639.
Could you please advice how to asked for LC documents and I 140 related documents.
Please share the procedure you used to apply for FOIA.
Thanks much,

GC_seeker_CA

I got them yesterday

I-140 was approved on 6th January.

Request for FOIA Received by VSC on 22nd January.

Received documents by Mail yesterday (3/13/04).

Labor substituion. I had copy of labor, but wanted copy of I-140 approval notice, they sent both.

New company's lawyer has advised not to file AC-21 documents. I am more interested in submitting.

Will see not in a hurry. I don't thing they are going to touch my case for another year I-485 ND: 03/06/04 at VSC

:)

Help with FOIA form

I need to get complete copies of my 485, 140 and labor certificate (substitution) for AC21 job change. My company is not willing to provide the whole application as they say it is their property.

I am trying to fill out the G-639 form and I have a few questions.

Q1. In part 1 of the form they ask you for the type of request. The choices are A) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) B) Privacy Act and C) Amendment. What should I use?

Q2. In part 5 "Information needed to search for records:", what should I fill here? My Alien #?

Q3. Part 7 "Verification of Subject's Identity" is only required if I have selected options B) or C) from Q1. So if I select A) FOIA, then I do NOT need the notary, etc. Is my understanding correct?

Your help is much appreciated.

One piece of news that the new company's lawyer gave me: the complete 485 application is needed to file EAD renewals. This seems silly to me as the USCIS already has my application on file, but who knows how this incompetent organization functions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Help with FOIA form

Tallbonobo,

For your questions:

Originally posted by tallbonobo

Q1. In part 1 of the form they ask you for the type of request. The choices are A) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) B) Privacy Act and C) Amendment. What should I use?

---> FOIA

Q2. In part 5 "Information needed to search for records:", what should I fill here? My Alien #?

---> Require all documents in my case file, including, but not limited to Labor Certification (Certified ETA 750s and other related documents), 140 application and/or approval notices, and any other documentation in my file. The documents are required for my personal records as I do not have the same.

Q3. Part 7 "Verification of Subject's Identity" is only required if I have selected options B) or C) from Q1. So if I select A) FOIA, then I do NOT need the notary, etc. Is my understanding correct?

----> Yes, though you still may want to get it notarized - doesnt takes much - just a visit to your local bank

One piece of news that the new company's lawyer gave me: the complete 485 application is needed to file EAD renewals. This seems silly to me as the USCIS already has my application on file, but who knows how this incompetent organization functions.

----> That is a bunch of bull$#!^. Most lawyers are incompetent and/or lazy for giving the right info. You only need the following docs:
1. 2 photos each
2. Check addressed to USCIS
3. Completed 765 forms
4. Copy of 140 approval (Optional but preferred)
5. Copies of 485/EAD receipts
6. Copies of EAD
7. Color copies of first/last, visa page and I-94 from passport
8. Color copies of EAD card - front and back
9. Color copy of Driver's license

Goodluck!

-ab

Last edited by a moderator:
FOIA - NY

Anybody knows complete process of FOIA - NY.

1> Phone Number
2> any boyd got LC document from NY DOL
3> How much time takes
4> Is there any Fax number, we have to send fax to request LC document.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Thanks atlantabhopali!

Thanks for the info. I plan to send in my FOIA request soon.

BTW, where is the FOIA filed? My 485 is being processed by CSC. So it would make sense to send it there.

Also, does anyone have specific experience with filing FOIA with the CSC? The new company's lawyer was skeptical that it could be processed in 3 month's time. She seemed to think it could take several years. I have seen postings in this forum that would indicate it takes less than 3 months. I cannot remember if they were filed with CSC.

I guess I am really only missing the I-140 approval letter for the EAD renewals, and you have indicated that it is optional.

H mayil03,
Would the current company know if we use FOIA to get LC,I-140 information ?

Originally posted by Mayil03
Got copy of I140 approval notice and Labour ( substitution ) detail documents from BCIS VSS on March 2 2004. Sent for FOIA around Jan 25th to SFO office and SFO office forwarded the letter to VSS on Jan 28th.
Planning to submit document for AC21 soon.

FOIA

Hi,

I am in the process of filling up the G639 form.

Under the 6. Data Needed on SUBJECT of Record section, there is a field Petition or Claim Receipt #. What should I fill in there? My EAD # or my I-485 receipt notice LIN#?

Guidance is appreciated.

TIA

Subhash

Another FOIA Success

Got copy of I140 approval notice and Labour (eta part A and B )and I-485 documents from BCIS VSC on Apr 5 2004. Sent for FOIA around Jan 30th to VSC.

Good luck!!

Re: Another FOIA Success

Hi gsingh72,
Good to know that. can u let me know -
5.Specific information, what did u specify?
6.what needs to be entered in Petition or Claim Receipt #?
Do we need to enter A# in Alien Registeration #?
Did u get notarized?
How did u sent? Do u have the Fax # or mail address ?

Thanks in advance !
vascan

Originally posted by gsingh72
Got copy of I140 approval notice and Labour (eta part A and B )and I-485 documents from BCIS VSC on Apr 5 2004. Sent for FOIA around Jan 30th to VSC.

Good luck!!

Filled i-639 form ..got it notarised.
enter A# of ur I-485 application.
i sent by postal mail to VSC, st. albans address

Hi gsingh72,
In form G-639, in
5.Specific information, what did u specify?

thanks in advance !
vascan

Originally posted by gsingh72
Filled i-639 form ..got it notarised.
enter A# of ur I-485 application.
i sent by postal mail to VSC, st. albans address

I actually specified that, I need these documents, in case I need to use AC-21 to look at the job description and to have a copy of my I-140 approval notice.

I was slightly hesitant in writing that.

But, I think it helped. I got everything I wanted.

HTH.

FOIA

My employer is not giving me 140/LC copies

If I apply for FOIA to CSC, Will my employer come to know somehow that I have applied for FOIA to get LC/140 docs copies?

Thanks