Another email from FBI NNCP, different template now!

slt

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first one sent on Dec 22, received back in June 02

An now this one.

Dear Mr. xxx,

I am responding to your e-mail dated June x, 2005, and the letters dated June xx and xx, 2005, requesting status for an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for xxx was
received on March xx, 2003 and is in a pending status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional
2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. This Name Check has been assigned to an Analyst to work on. You will be notified upon the completion of this
Name Check.
please be assured that the Immigration Authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of this case. I am sorry for the delay
of processing this request.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon, Chief/deb
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
I-140/485 RFE (Medical) 09/2004
I-140 AD 09/2004
FP2 12/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Slt,

Would you mind telling me the template you wrote to FBI?

I faxed a FOIPA request to FBI and received their response in mail after two weeks. However, the letter said:

'Request No.: 1234567-123
Subject: xxx xxx

Dear Mr. XXX

This is in response to your Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts (FOIPA) request noted above.

A search of the automated indices to our central records system files at FBI headquarters located no records respoinsive to your FOIPA request.

Although no main file records responsive to your FOIPA request were located in our automated indices, we are required to inform you that you are entitled to file an administrative apeal if you so desire. Appeals should be directed in writing to the Co-Director, Office of Information and Privacy, US Department of Justice, Suite 570, Washington DC, 20530, within 60 days from the date of this letter. The envelope and the letter should be clearly marked "information Appeal". Please cite the FOIPA request number assigned to your request so that it may easily be identified.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Records Management Division'

I am confused by this letter. Does this mean I pass the name check or USCIS has not initiated my name check yet? Why the response I received is totally different from yours? Would you mind sharing your template? Thanks a lot!

Sincerely yours,

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately

Unfortunately FOIPA and namecheck are two completely different things. You can have clean FOIA and still hit on a namecheck.

I feel now that FOIA is not of much use for expediting namecheck. It does not really tell anyone anything.

The only way to know about namecheck status is to write a request to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov. Or you may try your luck in sending regular mail letter to chief of NNCP division.