Another continuous residence issue

Proxyon

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I am still in the early stages of my naturalization process (was fingerprinted that week). Tonight I saw some old postings in this forum by people which application was denied, because of the continuous residence. Whilst I know every case is different and special (most people's applications were denied, because they stayed overseas longer than 6 months or worked in a foreign country) I am still concerned my case might be denied because of that. In my particular case, I have 3 trips to my country (none of them longer of 180 days, but close to it) and they by the way are not even one after another. Also, during the period of absence I have paid my car insurance and my rent. However, I have left my job, which is my biggest concern, they may think I have abandoned my residence. Has somebody else similar situation like mine ? Can they make problem because of this ?

Guys,

I am still in the early stages of my naturalization process (was fingerprinted that week). Tonight I saw some old postings in this forum by people which application was denied, because of the continuous residence. Whilst I know every case is different and special (most people's applications were denied, because they stayed overseas longer than 6 months or worked in a foreign country) I am still concerned my case might be denied because of that. In my particular case, I have 3 trips to my country (none of them longer of 180 days, but close to it) and they by the way are not even one after another. Also, during the period of absence I have paid my car insurance and my rent. However, I have left my job, which is my biggest concern, they may think I have abandoned my residence. Has somebody else similar situation like mine ? Can they make problem because of this ?

There are two distinct issues here that you seem to be mixing up. The first issue is the possibility of having an N-400 application denied if the IO adjudicating your application decides that one or more of your trips broke your continuous residency and thus you do not satisfy the continuous residency requirement for naturalization. The second issue is the possibility of an IO deciding that during a particular trip abroad you actually abandoned your LPR status.

Typically, even if an N-400 application is denied on continuous residency grounds, that usually does not result in the IO finding that the applicant abandoned his/her LPR status. [And the applicant is free to re-apply for N-400 after the continuous residency is satisfied]

In your case it seems very unlikely to me that the IO could decide that you abandoned your LPR status, since your trips were under 6 months and were not close to each other.
As for continuous residency, that could go either way and could depending on your luck with the IO, and on additional factors that you did not mention in your post. E.g. during those trips did you work abroad? If not, how did you financially support yourself? Also, were any of your immediate family members present in the U.S. during those trips? Were they abroad with you? Did you file U.S. federal income tax returns as a U.S. resident for the years in which those trips took place? What exactly were the reasons for those trips?

If you didn't leave the country for more than 6 months and you met physical residence requirement, you didn't break continuous residence.
And even if you did, don't worry about it. You shouldn't have a problem on the interview. Just have your supporting documents ready and be confident at the interview. Do not even think for a second about failure.