Another change in USCIS message online, pls. help explain!

TSC_Rocks

Registered Users (C)
Another message change, pls. help me understand this message:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On November 14, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Any ideas!

TSC_Rocks

I got the same exact message. But it is scary as they say that they mailed the document more than an year ago (06/23/2005) which I never received.

Here's my status:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 23, 2005, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service

Please help me understand the status.

Thanks

Don't worry ...

Guys and Gals,

The USCIS has recently updated its online system and a lot of update messages have changed. Please do not freak out if your messages change and state some odd things. A lot of people have been seeing these messages. So long as the Service Center is correct there is no reason to worry.

regards,

saras

check out my earlier posting....The message posted by TSC_Rocks is so deceiving/confusing..

>>>>>>>>
Yep, it looks USCIS finally updated it's messages in the database...

this message changed for us and it looks like it's the new equivalent of "the document we made based on approval/registration of this case was directly mailed"....

as if the original message wasn't confusing enough (it reflected FP Notice mails getting missed)...the new one is even more confusing....
>>>>>>>>>>

On XXXX, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Tsc Rocks

Can you please post whenever you receive the document USCIS is talking about on this message? I got same message yesterday, almost 1 month from my approval.
Thanks.

No approval in sight

Hi everyone,

Out of curiousity, took an Infopass apointment and tried to find out what was going on!
1. Found out that they sent me a fingerprinting notice and that probably cause this message to pop up online.
2. The infopass inspector categorically remarked that, their messages were not entirely accurate and most of the times wrong.
3. They also let me know that my case is pending for two reasons: name check (for 1.5 years!) and since the PD is not current.

Hope this helps.

Will keep you posted if anything new comes up...

Tsc_Rocks.

Isn't that odd - receiving FP Notice after 24 months (and not after 15 months/30 months)? Isn't 15 months the time when FP expires?

Last edited by a moderator:
I-131

Hi there,

I rec'd the same message but have yet to rec'd my re entry permit. As such, the message doesn’t mean I will rec' my document any time soon?

Anyhow, when I saw this message I rebooked my trip again for 12/14/06 so should I cancelled?

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
On November 3, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Same Message...

Hi everyone.

I received the following message:
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On December 4, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

I have no idea of what this means.

My case was approved on october 11th 2006 and my green card was sent to my old address. I called, I made an appt. spoke to an officer 3 times, filed the AR-11 but my address was never updated. I dont know what else to do to get my green card sent to my new address!!!

Can anyone help me with this??
Thank you!
Isa.

new message what does this mean???

Saras76/others--

I have checked my online status for I485 and I see the following message there is NO LUD.

"We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on August 2, 2005, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service"...

My case details r in my signature. What review are they talking about? is this about name check?

Please share ur opinions!!

[pls. help me understand this message: Can Someone please help me with this message

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On January 12, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed

[pls. help me understand this message: Can Someone please help me with this message

On January 12, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

LUD on 5/16/2007 Our review should be completed within 30 days

Hi ALL ,

On my I-485 case they have updated exact same message as yours nad my case also Denied on Dec 2005 and reopened on Mar 2006 . now last month I changed my mailing address that time my case got updated saying that
"We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on March 6, 2006, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service"..
And got third time FP last week but no LUD on m y case

I just happened to see ur case it is exactlyu same as mine so could please inform me what happened to ur case or did u made any calls to USCIS .
PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE HAVE GOT SAME TYPE OF MESSAGE ON ONLINE.
I AMVERY THANK FUL

My case details are

PD 09/14/2003
RD 10/2/2004
FP1 = 11/3/2004
Denied 12/31/2005
Reopened 03/6/2006
FP2 =3/16/2006
FP3 7/02/2007
Thanks
gc_cedar

Saras76/others--

I have checked my online status for I485 and I see the following message there is NO LUD.

"We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on August 2, 2005, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service"...
And got third time FP last week but no

My case details r in my signature. What review are they talking about? is this about name check?

Please share ur opinions!!