Another case of OCI but NO SC in the package. What t o do? suggestions please

emno

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Got OCI and US pp visa stamped but no SC.

I am not at driving distance from DC. What is the best way to get the SC now.
I am thinking to send another application for SC with paid envelope. I have to find how the paif envelope work. never used before. I plan to mention in the letter that the fee is already paid. Indian PP has CANCELLED ACQUIRED OCI dated.. and there is no date or signature on the seal. No cut on passport covers.
any one has resolved similar suitation without travelling to SC.

Thanks in advance.

I think once you get the OCI, then SC is irrelevant. SC is required only when you apply for Indian Visa or PIO/OCI.

But since you have already paid for SC, there is no harm in sending another application with paid envelope. Instead of a paid envelope you can purchase a Return LABEL from UPS store and mail the label along with the application. The consulate will stick the label to UPS envelope and drop it in the UPS box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think once you get the OCI, then SC is irrelevant. SC is required only when you apply for Indian Visa or PIO/OCI.

Thats correct. I paid $195 for that piece of paper and you never know in future what rule they may change.
In future if I have to go to renew my OCI, they may again ask for SC.

How can they charge for soem service and then do not provide the same?

Thanks. I did not know about the paid label. Thanks for the idea. I will do that.

I am planning to send the notarized copy of the SC with copy of OCI and copy of Cancelled Indian PP.

1. Any suggestions on what documents I should include?
2. Should I send to outsourcing agency or to US embassy? My original application was with the embassy DC (before outsourcing).

Thanks

Those documents should be sufficient. In my opinion you should send it to the Embassy directly since they were the ones who should have send SC to you. Sending it to outsourcing may delay or they may even return it back to you as they dont do anything for free.

Those documents should be sufficient. In my opinion you should send it to the Embassy directly since they were the ones who should have send SC to you. Sending it to outsourcing may delay or they may even return it back to you as they dont do anything for free.

Thanks
I called UPS store and the lady told me that I have to craete online account and then print the label. they do not have anything at there store.
any idea how the return label works?

Thanks
I called UPS store and the lady told me that I have to craete online account and then print the label. they do not have anything at there store.
any idea how the return label works?

I created an online account on the FEDEX site. Its a self-guided website and it'll give you an option for creating a RETURN label. Thats how I did it when mailing out my OCI.

The site also gives you discount when you print a shipping label using your account. Print it on a A4 size paper and send it to Travisa.

I created an online account on the FEDEX site. Its a self-guided website and it'll give you an option for creating a RETURN label. Thats how I did it when mailing out my OCI.

The site also gives you discount when you print a shipping label using your account. Print it on a A4 size paper and send it to Travisa.

Thanks. This is great help