Another 2001 Filer off the Pending list

adman

Registered Users (C)
Folks, Just got an email from USCIS that my wife & I have been granted what we've been (im)patiently awaiting for the last 3 years --- an approval !! :) The email & website states that both our I485 AOS cases have been approved on June 10th.
Thanks y'all for all the information & support I received from this forum.

RD: 7/3/01
ND: 8/3/01
Cat: EB2/Derivative, India
1stFP: 11/02
2ndFP: 4/6/04
1stInquiry: 4/23/04
2ndInquiry: 6/4/04
No RFE
AD: 6/10/04

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats.. what is your #Officer ?

RD/ND Jan 2002
FP Feb 2003
RFE issue 7th April 2004
RFE ACK 21st April 2004
Officer #289
AD ???????????????
waiting more than 50 days

Dipankar, I never received any RFE. The letter I received for my inquiry was signed "ZZ210", not sure if that was the officer assigned for my case....

To adman

Again congrats. enjoy your freedom.

RD/ND Jan 2002
FP Feb 2003
RFE issue 7th April 2004
RFE ACK 21st April 2004
Officer #289
AD ???????????????

Received courtesy copy

We received a copy of the approval notice yesterday (6/15) along with a reply for my 2nd status inquiry saying "Your case is under review" - must have originated at the same time the AOS was being approved.

A few things I'd like to share :
1. Did 2 status inquiries as soon as I was eligible (processing dates past due & 30 days from receipt of notice for the 1st inquiry)
2. Contacted the senator's office (Kay Hutchison, R-TX) although they haven't contacted me so far (after 3 weeks) - a waste of time
3. Sent 2 expedite faxes with both our case details clearly listed addressed to the officer that signed the reply to my inquiry ("ZZ210")
4. Sent 1 expedite request fax addressed to the director of TSC

I'm not sure if any of the above helped and to what extent, but doesn't hurt trying. After all, if we don't lookout for ourselves, nobody else will, definitely not USCIS!!!

One more thing, now I understand better why people are willing to go to any extent to obtain freedom and independence! A relatively minor issue of being tied up awaiting the green card puts us through such an intense emotional experience, I can only imagine what it would been for those in the past and present that did/do not have the freedom of choice in their lives......

To adman

Could you please tell me the FAX# , you have faxed ?

RD/ND Jan 2002
FP Feb 2003
RFE issue 7th April 2004
RFE ACK 21st April 2004
Officer #289
AD ???????????????

Received Cards

Final step complete. Received cards for both of us yesterday (7/19).

RD: 7/01 ND: 8/01 1stFP: 11/02 2ndFP: 4/04 RFE: None AD: 6/10 CardRcvd: 7/19