Another 2001 case finally approved

texasbig

Registered Users (C)
Got emails this evening.

After responding RFE in Februray, I waited for processing until FP got expired. I should have contacted FBI regarding name check staus after sending back RFE. I never paid much attention about name check. Contacted congressman, senator many times, got help for 2nd FP, once they helped finding out fbi name check pending on my case they didn't want to help further. Lawyer doesn't want to do anything about it after it was filed. Staff at senator's office even told me lawyer has the same contact at TSC as she does. I was very surprised as my lawyer always tells me there is no way he can find the status of my case even it has already passed the processing date. After reading through the board, I sent faxes to FBI inquiring name check status on August 6 and September 6, and finally I got an email from FBI about the status of name check completed on September 21. TSC most likely sent name check request to FBI after my 1st FP becuase my wife's name check was completed in Feburary 2003.
My guess is if fbi doesn't respond status inquiry in its timeframe they are possibly working on your name check.

Good luck everybody.

RD 11/2001
FP1 1/2003
RFE 2/2004
FP2 7/2004
4th EAD 9/2004
Name Check completed 9/21/04
AD 10/11/04

congratulations texasbig - enjoy your long overdue approval. Message to the rest of us: we have to be pro-active about our cases and not rely on our attorneys or wait, expecting CIS or FBI or anybody else "to do their job".

What's the name check?

What's the difference between FP and name check with FBI? After the FP, do we need to contact FBI for FP result and name check result? Your advise will be appreciated!

Difference between FP and Name Check as I know

Normally FP result is forwarded to TSC in the same day when you did your FP.
That's what happened for both of my FPs. Name check is done by FBI to check your background and to see if your name matches in FBI's databases.
For our cases, TSC sent the name check request to FBI after 1st FP. Some people say CIS initiates name check request after I485 is received.
If your name is not hit, FBI will send back the result back to USCIS very quickly, otherwise FBI has to investigate by human power and it takes a long time because of backlog and lack of resources, for my case it's more than 20 months. If I didn't send fax for the status inquiry, it would sit over there forever.

Search this forum "FBI name check", you will find a lot of information, especially helpful is the one posted by Rahul Kumar.

Thanks everyboday.

Hi texasbig,
I got a doubt, I am done with my 2nd FP on Aug 28 ,2003 and LUD is changed and online message saying we have received your FP .........labla labla. I Sent a mail to FBI regarding my name check.I got below reply from Hardy

This is in reference to your facsimile dated September 30, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on April 16, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

Do I need name check again?
MY I-140/I-485 concurrent filing RD :April 02/2003

AD for both: ????????????????
For my 140 it is more than 18 months, called 1800 so many times loyer sent letter no use.

What is the fax number?

Guys!

Can anyone please let me know the fax number for name check followup/status check?

Appreciate your help.
//