Another 2001 Case bites the dust. APPROVED!

angiodan

Registered Users (C)
Congrats to all the other approvals I've read about. I haven't been on the board for about 3 weeks, and was thrilled to see TSC was starting to wake up. I hadn't checked my online status for about a week, but today, the approved screen looked back at me. My wife and I are approved! Unfortunately, my daughter still has the same 900 day message, but I'm sure that will change soon as well.

The details:

EB3
RD 6/26/2001
ND 8/15/2001
FP 2/11/2003
AD 1/30/2004

No RFE's, did use 245(i) for being out of status a few years back.
I am fortunate that unlike others, I'm not stuck in a crap job, so the long wait wasn't complete torture. The hardest part for us, was that we could not use AP to visit home for these past few years due to our status issues.

Many thanks to everyone on the forums, even way back to the I-140 threads. Good Luck to the rest of the 2001 waiters, and I hope that TSC doesn't slow down, so the 2002 filers won't be waiting as long as we have.

WE CAN VISIT OUR FRIENDS AND PARENTS IN CANADA!!!!!

Congratulations !!

Can you please post details on the 245(i)..why did you have to file and how to file

Thanks

Due to a screw-up on my part, I didn't have my TN (Trade NAFTA- one year work visa for Canadians and Mexicans) up to date for approximately 9 months.

Thanks to President Clinton for bringing back 245(i) just before he left office, or I would have been in limbo after my I-140 approval. If I would have tried to leave the country and do consular processing, I probably would have been barred for 3 years, and I wasn't eligible to apply for AOS here. The 245(i) let me pay a $1000 penalty and apply for I-485. I did all the paperwork at the time I first filed for AOS. There was an additional form I had to fill out called the Supplement to I-485. That was it. Oh yeah, and send them the extra money!

AP would not have protected me from re-entering the US, so we haven't been able to go home and visit.

" BITES GOLDEN DUST"

CONGRATULATIONS.

Enjoy. Thank God. With all those difficulties,

The title should be "Another 2001 Case bite the GOLDEN dust. Approved " right.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

I just spoke with my attorney, and our journey may still take a few more months. My daughter was 12 when we filed, but she is now almost 15. My attorney believes she will have to be fingerprinted first. This truly sucks. If I don't see an approval for her in a couple of weeks, then he said he will try to get a FP request for her.

I'll keep you guys posted!