Another 02-041 Approval

dan007

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Its my time to celebrate. My 485 was approved on 10th Feb. I did not get my copy, but attorney did receive on 14th Feb. But I dont know about my wife's 485, since neither we nor attorney received it. Both AVM & online were not updated for both of us, so could not confirm my wife's case.

The details are:
WAC-02-041-55......
EB3-IND
RD: 10/16/01
ND: 11/16/01
FP: 03/29/02
RFE gen: 10/24/02
RFE recd: 12/18/02
AD: 02/10/03

I used AC21 since I changed job after being with the employer for six months.

I have a question, in my approval, the local INS office is mentioned as NJ office, since my changed employer is based in NJ. But I am in East bay, can I go to the San Francisco office & get it stamped? I need your feedbacks guys, pls post your views. Is there anybody who stamped in the office other than mentioned in the approval letter.

It was long & painful wait for me, once got approved everything flew away. I hope waiting people get approved soon.......

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. We had another report of the main applicant getting approved and wife not getting approved. This is weird.

Congratulations.

You can go to SFO but be prepared for some questions like "why are you comingt to SFO rather than NJ etc."

Good luck
PCee

how was AC21 interpreted

How was the AC21 rule for same or similar job interpreted in your case?
What I mean by this question is : What was the job title and the job duties in the initial gc sponsoring employer and what was the title and job duties with new employer --- as specified on your I-140 application form.? How narrow or liberal was INS in interpreting AC21 in your case.

Please share your experience on this ..

Thanks

Congratulations!

This is good news indeed, Congratulations, thanks for letting us know.

Silly Man,

Now don't go around starting another rumour! :) The last one about people without RFE's not getting approvals has just died out. Your turn is just around the corner, and everyone is praying for you. :)

Congrats Dan

Dan,

Did you inform INS when you changed your jobs by using AC-21?
When did you inform them about this?

Hi totos,

I informed them about the job change only after getting RFE. I was thinking mine might go through without any RFE, but no luck.

Dan

Thanks Dan

This means that it's not necessary to inform the INS about the job change. One can inform them at the time of RFE (in case if they get).

Thanks for sharing.

-Totos

Hi Totos,

I am not sure that is the way to handle the job change(AC21), but I informed because of RFE, not voluntarily.

To others,

We spoke to an IIO in the morning about my wife's case. IIO told us that, its not been assigned, it may be assigned soon, but she was not sure when, asked to check back after 60 days.

Also she confused us saying, since my wife was included only in the I-485 stage that was on 11/16/01 (ND) in the green card process, it is nowadays taking 3 years to get the green card ince you start the process. I donno what she was talking about, anybody any clue???

Thanks,
Dan