Andrew Karasev

Registered Users (C)
EB2
PD: N/A
Chicago
RD: 01/22/01
ND: 02/08/01
FP: 03/15/01
AD: 03/08/02 (as of AVM, me, wife and daughter)
No RFE
Wife called INS two weeks ago and probably expedition sheet was launched.
Actually, after being regular visitor here 2 years I feel comfortable to change job and become Immigration Paralegal at least (smile)

Thank all posters - you are all great supporters and people I would like to see around among friends.
I wish you the best and your day will come!

Will post Passport Stamping experience in Chicago.

Andrew

Question....

Congratulations. What did IIO told your wife when she called? Can you please post the details of the conversation? Did IIO told when your cases were assigned to officer? Also did say about any thing about timeframe for approval?

Thanks,

Achiever

Answer for achiever. Hi, I\'m Andrew\'s wife

Here is goes.

Me (with strong and determine, yet friendly voice): Hello, my name is ZZZZZ Karasev. I am wondering about status of my I-485 \'Ajustment to Permanent Resident Status\' case which was filed more than 380 day ago.

IIO (probably white female, sounding slightly lost): OK, OK! What is your Receipt Number?

Me (clear and calm): LIN-01-099-XXXXX.

IIO (with ): Oh, yeah.... It takes longer.... But (sounding like trying to give me some hope) But it\'s on the way!

Me (trying hard to remember everything I\'ve read on this forum to identify what wording \'on the way\' really means): Has my case been assigned to someone already?
IIO: Not yet, but it\'s on the way, on the way.

Me: How much longer, would you think, will it take for my case to get considered?
IIO: About 3-4 weeks.

Me (gladly): It\'s a good news! Thank you _very_ much!
IIO remains silent.

Me: Bye-bye!
IIO: Bye!

Thanks a lot Mrs. Karasev

Andrew mentioned something about expedition sheet. Do you have any idea what is it?

Congratulations on your approval.

Achiever

This is Andrew now

For expedition sheet look this:

Nayblahscar "IIO and expedition sheet, Nov case" 3/6/02 3:54pm

Good luck

An EAD question --

First congratulations for your approval. My RD 1/01, ND 2/02, EAD expires 5/22, no approval yet. Have you renewed your EAD ?? Can I renew it from Chicago local office ? Or, do I have to mail it to NSC ? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi, Ahlo

I didn\'t renew my EAD, decided to give INS couple of weeks.

Chicago seems to be not a cooperative in EAD getting, so I would suggest you to call NSC and if they suggest you to renew EAD - file it.

achiever, no experience regarding expedition sheet.

Neighter IIO nor myself never mentioned it in our conversation.

Mrs.Karasev

INS/NSC

What is the phone number you called to speak with the NSC agent?

Is there also a different number for the automated system for checking up on I-485 status? If so, anyone have this number?

Thanks.