Analysis regarding VSC Processing dates

Well Guys,

To anlayse what VSC is showing as processing dates for I-140 Cases lets consider the data we have on our 2004 Tracker.

Month Total Filings Approvals Pending

Januarry

VSC Petitons Analysis vis-a-vis USCIS Claims.

Well Guys,

To anlayse what VSC is showing as processing dates for I-140 Cases lets consider the data we have on our 2004 Tracker.

January Total Filings Approvals Pending
26 15 11

February Total Filings Approvals Pending
8 4 4

March Total Filings Approvals Pending
24 12 12

April Total Filings Approvals Pending
16 4 12

Originally posted by vicky007
January Total Filings Approvals Pending
26 15 11
February Total Filings Approvals Pending
8 4 4
March Total Filings Approvals Pending
24 12 12
April Total Filings Approvals Pending
16 4 12

This is a good place to start analysing, but these numbers don't give any info about the particulars of the case (as mentioned by kishore_l). So while it's clear that VSC is indeed hard at work, we can't speculate on why they chose to process and approve certain cases and ignore others.

hrithikroshan11 said:
Please track 2003 also, there are lots of Oct-Dec 2003 cases pending.
I doubt , if we can get any info by tracking those cases. Worst case, we will know, if they have received RFE or not, but will not know the details regarding the petition or RFE, unless that person post's their details in this thread.

We can request, anyone who got approved / RFE to report here, if they fall under any one of our points in my earlier post. In that way, we can justify our analysis. May be we can even put it as a excel just to track RFE's and its associated details.

Let me know, if you want me to rename the thread from "Analysis of VSC processing time" to "Analysis of RFE & Tracking".

Thanks,

Kishore_l,

I think it would be more prudent to continue with the present Thread Name as only very few people would be posting those details.

Regards.

vicky007 said:
Kishore_l,

I think it would be more prudent to continue with the present Thread Name as only very few people would be posting those details.

Regards.
I agree with you, as many of them open their own thread, if they have any RFE. I have seen people tracking LUD's, but it wasn't successful as they lost the trackability down the road.

I believe, many of us are under extreme stress due to the ignorance of
1. change in LUD's,
2. why my case is untouched though USCIS has crossed our ND date,
3. Can I initiate an inquiry or not
4. Should I expect a RFE or not?
5. Why my case is unprocessed though RFE response has been received

I believe, for every actions of USCIS, there is a logical reason behind it and only thing is if you analyze the sitution and do some sampling, we might be able to benefit out of it.

I guess this thread should answer first 4 questions, for the last question, if someone has any thoughts please shed some light on it.

As joyd did, if someone takes the time to compile all RFE's and LUD's to an excel and instruct the future post to update the excel , it WILL help lot of people. I wish, I could do it, if I have enough time.

Any Volunteers ??... I can certainly help to some extent......

I believe my case was pretty straight-forward, and I got my I-140 (ND January 20) approval without any RFE on July 27th.

I have an Environmental Engineering degree from India. I took several graduate level courses in USA towards a Masters degree in Computer Science.

My approved LC says "BS in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related field" *

In box 15 on the LC, the * above is explained this way:
"If major is not CS or MIS or related field, course work must include at least 9 credit hours of university level computer science courses"

I think my attorney did a good job of wording this, and also my company does not have any issues regarding ability to pay.

LC_Virginia said:
I believe my case was pretty straight-forward, and I got my I-140 (ND January 20) approval without any RFE on July 27th.

I have an Environmental Engineering degree from India. I took several graduate level courses in USA towards a Masters degree in Computer Science.

My approved LC says "BS in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related field" *

In box 15 on the LC, the * above is explained this way:
"If major is not CS or MIS or related field, course work must include at least 9 credit hours of university level computer science courses"

I think my attorney did a good job of wording this, and also my company does not have any issues regarding ability to pay.
Your attorney is very smart. If every attorney can simply follow this logic, it will reduce lot of USCIS backlog and we can get our 140 without any issues. Same is the case with company's ability to pay, if they put a realistic salary and pay them on a straight forward basis instead of expenses and per-diem.

Bottom line is, for any and every mistake done by employer, attorney or USCIS, we tax paying honest legal immigrants are paying the price & undergoing all the hassels.

Hi Kishore_i

Wanted to Know did you find any co-relation to making a Status Query and hence as a result getting a RFE on I-140??

Did you get a query for your I-140? what is it about?

Regards.

vicky007 said:
Hi Kishore_i

Wanted to Know did you find any co-relation to making a Status Query and hence as a result getting a RFE on I-140??

Did you get a query for your I-140? what is it about?

Regards.

Yes, I Initiated a status enquiry, because
1. Processing date has passed almost 3 months of my ND
2. My EAD was approved, which did not trigger my 140
3. There were LUD's continuously for 3-4 days, without any change in message and no emails.
As result of status enquiry, within a week, I have received an RFE, LUD, Change in status message.

Currently, I feel, I should have waited rather than initiating a status enquiry, but I also had the same anxiety as anyone else. I strongly believe that, if your case is left behind, there is some reason behind it. I don't think, its totally random (there could be some random left outs and random approvals....there might be some reason for it too, which we're unaware of)

Learn from my mistakes, Do your Homework............

1. Try to get hold of your approved Labor. You can either get it from attorney / employer or Submit FOIA to DHS.
2. You absolutely need to know what's filled in form ETA 750 section 14 (i), 14(ii) and 15 (Don't accept what your employer says , get exact wordings)
Note: Reason is, in many cases there could be a simple typo, missing comma, key words like "OR" "AND" "EQUIVALENT"
3. Check with your company, if there is any outstanding RFE's issued for any other employees.
4. If so, what is it about. (Especially if it is about "Company's ability to Pay")
5. Try to find out, how many GC applications has been filed from your company
6. Approximate, company's employee strength
7. This may be little difficult, but try to find out, how is company's economy and have they filed profit or loss since your Labor has been applied.

Who Should "NOT" Initiate the status enquiry

1. If ETA 750 does not match your educational qualification
2. Say, if you have non-computer science degree and there is no "Equivalent" or "OR Engineering" Key word
3. If you have used combination degree or combination of education & experience or you hold just a 3 year degree and APTECH / NIIT / SSI certifications as part of the academic qualification.
4. Even if there is 1 outstanding RFE in your company, regarding "Ability to Pay"
5. If you are not getting the proffered wage in 140
6. if your company has filed many GC applications and filed loss in last 3 years

If you fall under anyone of the above scenario, I believe , if you initiate a status enquiry, most probably, it will result in a RFE.

Some people may ask, if there is a problem, any how we're going to get a RFE, why not get it now.......

In one way, you are right in case of your educational qualification, but there is a loop hole which I will explain later. But in case of "Ability to pay" issue, let your attorney respond to the outstanding RFE of other employee, as they might find "company has the ability to pay" and just approve your case without another query. Even after, if you have received a RFE, responding will be much easier, as your attorney has done all the paper work and its a matter of resending it.

If your case is left out without any RFE and you believe there is a little complication in your credentials (Not company's ability to pay), I would suggest, you might wait longer and initiate a status enquiry through your local Congress man or senator ( as most of the time, case is getting approved. I have even seen for a person who is/was with MCI WorldCom, which has laid off lot of people & filed bankruptcy).

Again, this is "my own" version / analysis based on this forum, horror experience of few of my friends, little bit of sampling and also verified in few cases. So, please take your own decision and may be use this analysis, just as a guidance.

Hope this helps.

Also, I request everyone to poll on my other thread regarding correlation between status inquiry and RFE, to support this analysis.

Thanks

Guys, Just want to Share with you that, I have received few Private messages from forum members and other friends of mine, that this analysis holds good for all of their cases. couple of them even got benefitted by "not" initiating status enquiry when their company had couple of RFE's for "Ability to Pay". Their case was approved , when their company responded to the outstanding cases.