Analysis of VSC I-140 approval

Wewillovercome

Registered Users (C)
From the published VSC report I have tried to extract information on EB3 I-140 processing to find the trend and forecast the future.

As of Processing
10/15/03 10/10/02
10/01/03 10/10/02
09/01/03 10/08/02
08/01/03 10/01/02
07/01/03 09/23/02
06/01/03 09/16/02
05/01/03 08/12/02
03/01/03 07/01/02
12/01/02 06/05/02
10/01/02 02/22/02

Let's see my app went in Nov '02. If you look at the time it was taking around Nov '02 was only 5 months for approval.

In last 11 months they have processed 4 months worth of application.

If you focus on 06/01/03 to 10/15/03 i.e. in last 5 months they have processed only 1 month of application.

If it continues with the same speed, then for people with ND in dec '02 the approval would come 10 months from now. At the ratio of 5-month/1-month of application.

For people who applied I-140 in June 2003 will have to wait for 40 months i.e. expect the approval in Feb 2007!!!!!!

Can people look at this simple stats and ask why torture these hardworking economy helping zero crime creating educated decent lovable immigratants!!!!!!!!!

Any theories of what is going on is very welcome here. we need theories to keep the hope alive that one day that one day..we will overcome.

Its more than CHAOS

I feel sorry for all the I-140 waiters, including myself. While everything sucks at VSC, EB2s are big time sufferers (Of course EB1 is the worst... but not too many applicants).

While EB3 is having little progress in official processing times (does not mean much now a days), EB2 regresses more frequently than progress.

Whenever we see some progress for few months, next month they pull it back all the way. It happened back in March and it happened now. They are virtually at the same processing date they were in last November. In one year VSC officially progressed nothing. Some lucky guys got their I-140s, and for all those unlucky guys they have processing dates set to 5/28/2002 ( It appears MAY is VSC's favourite month). Good work VSC, no one could possibly do a better job than you. Kudos.

Who said VSC has any idea? They are as confused as we are w/ their processing pattern.

Here is how VSC handled EB2:
On.............. EB2
10/15/03 5/28/2002 pull back
10/01/03 9/18/2002 <=
09/01/03 9/18/2002
08/01/03 9/11/2002
07/01/03 9/05/2002
06/01/03 5/31/2002
05/01/03 5/31/2002 pull back
04/01/03 7/18/2002 <==
03/01/03 7/27/2002
02/15/03 6/17/2002
01/15/03 5/31/2002
12/15/02 5/31/2002
11/15/02 N/A
10/01/02 2/22/2002

probable reason for delay

I guess the probable reason for delay in processing I140 cases is the number of applications vsc may have received during these months. Remember all 245i applications....for illegal immigrants. Well when there labor was approved their next step will also be I140. So in this period VSC must have got more applications from each region and hence are taking longer time to complete these months.
And all those people are illegal, illiterate so may not be browsing this website and not posting their approvals..

Last edited by a moderator:
Can people look at this simple stats and ask why torture these hardworking economy helping zero crime creating educated decent lovable immigratants!!!!!!!!!
There is no power which would be interested in changing this situation. Business world does not interested in it, because those damn visas and GC sponsorship is a great way to keep our labor cheap. Politicians are not interested because we would be a neglible small and hard to manipulate voters pool, even if all of a sudden we all granted a citizenship. :) (Contrary to millions of already naturalized Latino immigrants, who would vote for any politician who promises a legalization of their illegal relatives.) So, it really does not matter how "hardworking economy helping zero crime creating educated decent lovable " we are.
We are the clear example of a "taxation without representation".

On a bright side - I scanned some range of applications for my notice date (01/30/2003), and to my surprise about 25-30% of all detected I-140 has been approved already. Of course there is no way to tell which are employment based and which are "illegal immigration based", but nevertheless...

It's a sad state of affairs, everyone will agree with that and it was like this for as far back as I can remember. It's true that there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. A few weeks back we had floated a theory of 140's being processed according to 485 ND. While proven true in many cases there were other cases where this theory did not hold up. So in the absence of any reasonable explanation, we can assume that BCIS is not bound by any set procedures or timelines.

Here's the problem: When people like us get through this process, get their GCs and citizenships, they forget about these issues. In fact I have seen that many immigrants who finally get citizenships have a poor attitude towards immigrants. They are the ones who have more leverage in helping this sitituation (by the fact of being citizens), but they choose not to do so. It would help if we all remember the times we have gone thru and help resolve this sitiuation for future immigrants.

Is all this worth it

I don't think there is any method in the madness in BCIS. It is some way to spend time- idle gossip and speculation. Analyzing and number crunching etc does not get you anything but bewilderment.

I have been waithing for over 13 mo (EB2) I check the status once a week- increased time estimate all the time.

Be strong be patient stay distracted- hopefully it wil happen one fine day.
HTH

It's not worth analyzing CIS pattern since it is random process. If we arrive at CIS adjudicating pattern then it will be the best Random number genarator algorithm.

I applied I-140/I-485(EB-2) concurrently on October 2002 and my I-140 was approved on Jan 2003 after Dec 2002 RFE.

Originally posted by Edison
I applied I-140/I-485(EB-2) concurrently on October 2002 and my I-140 was approved on Jan 2003 after Dec 2002 RFE.
Another proof for Failure of I-485 date theory for approval of I-140. Only theory coming close is RFE thoery!

How to get RFE??

Question still remains How to get RFE??
I tried my best to get one..did not send education evaluation...EAD photographs also not perfect...nothing worked...Got EAD in under 4 weeks ..140 no news....

Re: How to get RFE??

Originally posted by GC_GoneCase
Question still remains How to get RFE??
I tried my best to get one..did not send education evaluation...EAD photographs also not perfect...nothing worked...Got EAD in under 4 weeks ..140 no news....
Badluck!!!!!!! Should i wish you get RFE soon? No man Get approval soon.

The EAD/AP renewal app theory

I have read and heard but how much is there any truth in the theory that when you apply for the renewal of EAD and or AP it has the same effect as RFE. In other words they look at your case get some mercy in their heart and approval it.

I have recently applied for the renewal of EAD not sure if they would trigger anything in the I-140 world.

Does any one know what is the actual time needed to process a case. i.e. from the point the pick up our file and send the approval notice it would guess it would take about 30 mins or so.

My hypothesis is that if a person works on your case LC. I-140 I-485 the whole GC process should take less then 3 hours for which we have to wait atleast 3 years.

EAD renewal may not help either

I renewed my EAD(electronic filing) but no I140 yet (ND 10/01/02 EB2).
It took less than 1 mo. for EAD to come thru, came about a month ago.
So much for that.

We understand the pain .. Let's discuss how it can be fixed ?

I believe everybody has the problem, feeling the pain..

It does not make sense for an application to wait for one year before the processing starts.

I485 are waiting since Nov 2001, which is last stage and most of the checks would have been done in LC, I140 as well.

What can be done to clear the backalog ?

DO you favor either of more fee for all applications or for aplications for applications that need more processing ?

How long can they manipulate the number of days for each application like (90-485) or 90-2000 ? I guess it is abuse. Do we have any protection from such abuse ?

If they need more funding, they need to decide if they have to charge everybody more money.

AILA need to ask them what specific issues are causing delays and need BCIS/AILA/all of us need to work to resolve the issues.

Mr. Khanna has initiated forum for I485 delays.

Share your thoughts and we will start another thread as well for this.

Well, I replied to my RFE last week and the web site says they got the RFE response. The message says it takes about 90-485 days to respond to an RFE !!!! ... hopefully it will not take that long.

What's the typical approval time after a RFE response is recieved?

-Savant

Hi savant123456,
VSC received my RFE on June 10, 2003, and my I-140 was approved on Aug 26, 2003, which is about 2.5 months.
Good luck!

BTW, I filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently on Mar 11, 2003, and ND is Mar 31, 2003. I am in EB3 category.

Hi ilfang ,

Does it mean that VSC is currently processing March 2003 for EB3. But the processing dates as per web sites is 10/10/2002 for EB3. Or do they process the concurrent filers earlier than others?

I don't think the process the concurrent filers ahead or anything. There are few lucky ones who's RD is after 10/10/02 but have received the approval.

The real question is does this ever slowing speed an indication of a jump start that they might give and process much faster as the backlog clears or it is going to get worse from here.